This is the Message Centre for Laura

The leaving of Hemel Hempstead

Post 1

Laura

I know I've pretty much told everyone already, often multiple times smiley - blush, but come Tuesday I'm heading off up north to near Newcastle where I'm moving in with PSG smiley - boing. As a consequence, I won't have much in the way of internet access for a bit, though I doubt it'll take all that long for a couple of hootooers to sort out a broadband connection smiley - bigeyes. Will be a bit busy for a while though anyway, so if under some bizarre set of circumstances you find yourself needing to contact me, you'll have more success via email (address at bottom of my space). smiley - smiley

Take care of yourselves and 'see' you in a couple of weeks or so,

Unc
smiley - teasmiley - cake

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

Hi Unc, I'm really happy for you smiley - hug
I'll be on my holidays for about the next two weeks, so hope to see you when I'm back smiley - ok

Post 3

Laura

Thanks smiley - boing. Oooh, have a good holiday smiley - magic

Post 4

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

*pictures a pair of hootoo-smiley - geeks, rolling cables down the road at 2 am ... just to 'aquire' broadband smiley - laugh*

Bucket loads of smiley - goodluck, good Lady with the whole move business. smiley - hug

Post 5

TeaKay

Good luck smiley - smiley

TK[1]smiley - pirate

Post 6

Existential Elevator

smiley - bubbly Good luck to you both, Unc smiley - biggrin

[*sniffle* They grow up so fast....]

Post 7

summerbayexile

Good luck you two. Will be in touch.
SBE

Post 8

Lizzbett

I hope you'll be very happy together.

smiley - cheers

Liz
~

Post 9

Laura

Just a flying visit, but all's well so far. I'm staying with PSG's family whilst we get the house sorted, I'm thoroughly enjoying the cleaning and decorating smiley - ermsmiley - biggrin.

I don't think I mentioned that the house number was 42 smiley - dohsmiley - wowsmiley - boing

Post 10

Researcher 556780

Yays, you go girl smiley - hug

Was 42? What is it now?

Post 11

aka Bel - A87832164

Just here for a couple of hours - no. 42, eh ? Lucky you smiley - magic

Post 12

Existential Elevator

42.... It's a sign, y'know? smiley - winkeyesmiley - ok

Post 13

Laura

Well, it still is 42 smiley - biggrin. The kitchen is nearly sorted now and I've been sorting the bedroom. We get the carpet Tuesday so by then we should be ready to properly move in smiley - magic. PSG got the programming job he wanted, which cuts his daily commute from 2.5 hours to 20 minutes. He got to tell work he was leaving today and keeps jumping about smiley - laugh. I'm attempting to apply for a job with DEFRA, but they only sent me half the information, and according to the website the job doesn't exist smiley - doh. Sounds as organised as I am smiley - biggrin

Anyway, I'm off to stock up on smiley - cheesecake and milkshake smiley - run

Post 14

So long as you are still eating "normally". smiley - laugh

Post 15

Researcher 556780

ooooooooo smiley - cheesecake

smiley - drool

Coming round yours for elevenses then smiley - biggrin

Post 16

Laura

Lots of smiley - cheesecake is eating normally for me smiley - biggrin, an essential part of a balanced diet.

I don't think I'll ever get a job as a nutritionist.

Anyways, almost done on the essential decorating, should be able to move in around mid week smiley - magic. Then I can concentrate on the less essential things, like an internet connection (the internet is of course an essential thing, but logic dictates that it is not essential as electricity smiley - bigeyes.

PSG's cooked my lunch so better dash smiley - run

Post 17

aka Bel - A87832164

Enjoy your lunch smiley - ok

Glad eveything seems to work out fine smiley - smiley

Post 18

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

So this is where everyone's hanging out then smiley - smiley

Great news that PSG has got the job he wanted and smiley - goodluck with getting a job yourself ... i know your situation all too well and its pretty frustrating. Also two incomes are better than one. But you don't need me telling you these things. Just persist and you'll get there and keep the house loaded with smiley - cheesecake until you get your wish come true.

All the best love opti smiley - bluebutterfly

p.s. sounds like you get on well with his family which is a bonus

Post 19

Laura

Almost ready to properly move in now, should have everything sorted by the weekend smiley - biggrin. On the other hand PSG needs a suit for his new job and knowing his deep dislike of shopping for clothes it could take some time smiley - groan.

No job yet, the DEFRA application is in, hopefully I filled it in right despite not having all the information. Hope your job search is going OK Opti smiley - biggrin

True that this is about the only thread I post in at the moment, just don't have the time.

Post 20

Hey, I've a grey suit that might fit him. And the high-block-heels that were popular in '79 as well. Sorry, but I've misplaced all of the synthetic disco-jewellery. smiley - rofl

Glad things are progressing, more or less. Great smiley - goodluck with the job options. smiley - hug

Key: Complain about this post