This is the Message Centre for Laura

The Pyrenees, Unc's Account

Post 101

Michael

Ah yes, problem being they'd look rather silly in a factory. I mean I don't usually care about style, but I have standardssmiley - biggrin

Post 102

Laura

I don't smiley - biggrin. If boots stop my feet from aching then boots is what I wear, I would have thought boots would be common in a factory smiley - erm

Post 103

Michael

To be honest, I haven't looked. I don't like wearing boots, to be perfectly honest, I always were trainers when I can

Post 104

Laura

I normally wear trainers (though I admit they are walking trainers), but I do wear boots if I'm going a long way or need the ankle support. I've learned the hard way the difference wearing boots makes smiley - bruised

Post 105

Michael

I haven't. Learning the hard way is so much more fun.

By the way I hear something about new smileys...?

Post 106

Laura

Learning the hard way is often the only way to learn, because often you don't realise there's a lesson to be learnt. smiley - smiley

Yes smiley - boing, Jimster announced it at the meet, it's up to the community artists now to draw the things smiley - biggrin

Post 107

Michael

Can't wait!

Post 108

Laura

I know, the suspense is quite terrible

The barman's face was a picture though, he couldn't understant what we were getting so excited about and took several steps backwards smiley - laugh

Post 109

Michael

smiley - laughI can picture it nowsmiley - biggrin

Might go to the next meet, if I have time and money etc

Post 110

Laura

They're well worth the trip smiley - biggrin

Post 111

aka Bel - A87832164

They definately are smiley - ok

Post 112

Laura

And as Bel has a lot further to go than I do, that's a very good assurance smiley - biggrin

Post 113

aka Bel - A87832164

It may be farther but not necessarily more time consuming, the plane is pretty fast smiley - biggrin

Post 114

Laura

The train ride is only about 30 minutes smiley - smiley, though getting to the station takes some time

Post 115

aka Bel - A87832164

In relation to the distance, it takes you longer to go there than it takes me. Same here : takes me about one hour to get to the airport which is about 25 km from here, and the mere flight Frankfurt/London is only 1.5 hours, and then it's about another hour to go fronm heathrow to the center of London.But all in all, I'm much faster than you are smiley - tongueout

Post 116

Laura

Only took about an hour and a half to get from the pub to home smiley - biggrin. PSG did have a lot of problems the following day though, a fire meant that he was stuck outside Newcastle train station for nearly an hour smiley - doh

Post 117

aka Bel - A87832164

I've heard about the fire, EV and Fords must have been on the same train then. Unc, I'm going to smiley - zzz now, see you tomorrow. smiley - star

Btw, how's the Jury thingy, I did forget to ask smiley - silly

Post 118

Laura

Night Bel smiley - smiley

It's OK, bit dull smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Laura

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more