This is the Message Centre for Laura

May

Post 1

Laura

I was pretending it was a long way off, can't do that anymore though smiley - wah. Two weeks tomorrow my exams start and just a week tomorrow I have to hand in the final draft of my dissertation. My tutor hasn't even given me my rough draft back yet smiley - doh. At the same time I've got to try get myself a job, as in not very long I won't be a student anymore smiley - bigeyes

On top of that it's Pack Holiday this weekend - yep 30 over-exited Brownies to entertain and supervise smiley - bigeyes. And yes, it also means I won't be able to see a certain film for another week smiley - wah

All in all this is a rather long-winded way of saying 'see you in a month' smiley - smiley, I expect I'll drop in occasionally but not for very long or often. Take care of yourselves smiley - cheers

Oh, and here are the holiday snaps if anyone's interested smiley - smiley

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/1175267

May

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

Nice pics, Unc smiley - smiley

I'm sure you'll manage everything just fine smiley - ok
Do you already know where you're going to look for a job ?

May

Post 3

Laura

We'll see, just one report, one dissertation, one viva and four exams to go though smiley - biggrin.

Anywhere and everywhere. The problem with the environment sector is that for a lot of the stuff people will do the work voluntarily and unfortunately I will need a salary. I've got two applications on the go, one for London and one where there are three posts availabe; in Nottingham, Guildford and somewhere I've forgotton smiley - doh. Also applying for a temporary ranger post in Northumbria but I stand very little chance of getting that one.

I refuse to work in Milton Keynes though, have a pet hate for the place, can't trust somewhere with a field of concrete cows smiley - bigeyes

May

Post 4

aka Bel - A87832164

Milton Keynes ? That's where they do the open-air concerts, right ? Maybe you'll reconsider if you can't get another job ? Do you think you'll make it to the meet on 16th July ?

May

Post 5

Laura

Not sure, I tend to avoid the place. There isn't a suitable job in Milton Keynes, it's just the only place in the UK I wouldn't consider working smiley - smiley. No idea, I hope so, but there's a lot going on then. I've got Jury service, graduation and my mother's and brother's birthdays all around that date. smiley - headhurts

May

Post 6

aka Bel - A87832164

It would be great to see you again, but you'd not be the only one who can't make it this year, Mazin MadFiddler and Serephina are definates, so is 2legs, but Liquid Warrior doesn't know yet, and Venus said she'll not go, and I can't reach Beguiled Mortal, but I don't expect her to come, she has left hootoo months ago.smiley - sadface

May

Post 7

Laura

I will do all I can to get there, I just simply won't know if I can till near the date. Depends if either PSG or I get a propper job sorted by then too. I was really miffed about missing the winter meet smiley - wah, so I'll do all I can to get to this one smiley - biggrin. Will be two years since meeting PSG too smiley - biggrin

May

Post 8

aka Bel - A87832164

Well, there'll be quite a few reasons to celebrate then I hope smiley - bubblysmiley - cheers

May

Post 9

Laura

Hopefully smiley - biggrin, and hopefully there weather will be more like the 2003 meet than the 2004 meet too smiley - bigeyes

May

Post 10

aka Bel - A87832164

Believe me, this time I'll take my winter clothes, and MMF promised to bring a waterproof blanket smiley - laugh

May

Post 11

Laura

The weather has certainly been variable here smiley - bigeyes. Not that this unusual smiley - biggrin

May

Post 12

aka Bel - A87832164

It was just as cold and wet here last year, I think it was a European phenomenon. I'll go to sleep now, goodnight Unc smiley - star

May

Post 13

Laura

Night smiley - star

May

Post 14

TeaKay

Good luck smiley - biggrin

TK[1]smiley - pirate

May

Post 15

Laura

smiley - cheers I survived Pack Holiday (and so did the Brownies) and I finished the final draft of my dissertation smiley - somersault. Quite a productive long weekend really smiley - biggrin.

*note to self; don't forget the quarternary phace of hitchhikers*

May

Post 16

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Its on tomrorrwo night isn't it?! smiley - wowsmiley - boing I'm more excited over the radio series than the moovie, though I think I might hav eto go see the mooive at some point smiley - dohsmiley - wow hows all the work goin? smiley - bigeyes I cna't believe its may already.... what has happened to the firs bit of th year? smiley - yikes and heres me finlaly about to be a 'grownup' supposidly, as I've gotten a job smiley - yikessmiley - runsmiley - goodluck

May

Post 17

Laura

Yep it is smiley - biggrinsmiley - wow. Not seen the movie yet either, going at the weekend. At the moment though I'm looking forward to the radio series more, the tertiary phase was brilliant smiley - magic. This year does seem to be going at an extra-ordinary rate smiley - bigeyes.

I've only got about 500 words to right and 3 lectures and then I'm done apart from revision and my viva smiley - biggrin. Still working on jobs, looks like I'm going to have to learn how to drive. Could be interesting smiley - bigeyes, I had some lessons a while back but ran out of time before going to university smiley - doh. Got one application on the go though where they want the person to cycle, which suites me fine. smiley - biggrin

May

Post 18

Laura

write not right smiley - ermsmiley - blush. I think I need some sleep smiley - zzz

May

Post 19

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Oh deer the work is obviously begining to get to yew smiley - winkeye

May

Post 20

Researcher 556780

smiley - hug

Key: Complain about this post