This is the Message Centre for Laura

Unc and PSG's bit of news...

Post 41

aka Bel - A87832164

I didn't have any probs, either, but my poor sister was really very sick, she even lost weight smiley - yikes

Post 42

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

My presence here today is kinda sporadic. But how are all developments going along? Including the need for ever larger trousers and such ... smiley - laugh

Post 43

Laura

I'm 26 weeks through now, so my normal clothes do not fit at all smiley - doh. Finding maternity clothes that I liked was a real effort, but I now have enough to see me through smiley - biggrin. Getting to work is that bit more difficult, but I had an interview today for a promotion at a nearer site which would make commuting easy. They said I was very impressive, I just hope that's good enough smiley - smiley

Post 44

aka Bel - A87832164

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you smiley - goodluck

Post 45

Laura

Thanks smiley - biggrin. Right now though I've got to right the shopping list smiley - run

Post 46

Laura

argh, I've forgotten how to spell smiley - wah

Post 47

Just been too long since school, eh girl? smiley - laugh Take good care of you. smiley - hug

Post 48

Laura

Urgh, I haven't been online so long it took me a while to remember how to get onto the net smiley - dohsmiley - laugh

Anyway, I've finally had my scan and baby's fine smiley - biggrin. THe due date has also been brought forward a couple of weeks to the 9th February smiley - bigeyes. Added to the fact that I had more annual leave left than I thought I did, Thurday's my last day at work, and I'm off today smiley - boing. Maybe that's enough time to re-learn how to spell smiley - smiley

Post 49

airscotia-back by popular demand

Ah, you always used to shun spellink properrrlly anyway, there are far more important things.smiley - winkeye

Good news about jnr.(Has he/she got a Hootoo name yet?)smiley - biggrin And terriffic news about finding you've more annual leave than you thoughtsmiley - magic Due dates are always a bit out anyway, so there's still a chance that jnr. might arrive on Valentines day smiley - love Ahhhhhhhhhhh smiley - biggrin

Hope you're all keeping well, and your family are coping with the trouble in Hemel at the moment smiley - yikes

Post 50

Has 'junior' chosen a gender yet? Or will you be content to be surprised on arrival? There is something to be said for both approaches. smiley - smiley

Post 51

Laura

The family are fine, but the caravan (which was at a storage site very close to Bunstead oil depot) is most probably a black heap. The house though is north of the depot (so out the way of the smoke) and far enough away from the blast to have not recieved any damage. The caravan can be claimed on the insurance as soon as my parents can get close enough to see exactly what it is they need to claim for smiley - biggrin.

I'm well, had a bad cold last week but I hardly sneeze at all now smiley - smiley.

We don't know baby's gender, the scan was quite an operation and I never got the chance to ask. I've no preferance though and we've names sorted for either so we'll just have to wait and see smiley - smiley.

In other news we got engaged at the weekend smiley - loveblush. PSG's parents were joking about what would happen the day after we get married, considering the day after we get engaged part of my home town explodes smiley - bigeyes

Post 52

In all, that is good news of the family. I'd wondered when I heard the name of the locale ...

And hey, huge congratulations on the engagement. Having passed the 18th anniversary of our marriage, I can highly recommend it. smiley - hug

Post 53

Laura

As far as my family sees it, it's all a bit of excitement and some time off school smiley - biggrin. It's a very good thing the explosion didn't happen while the offices were open though or it would be a very different matter smiley - smiley.

Thank you smiley - smiley

Post 54

aka Bel - A87832164

Hi Unc and PSG, that's fantastic news, congratulations smiley - smiley
And seeing as it's only virtual : smiley - bubblysmiley - cakesmiley - chocsmiley - tea

Post 55

Laura

Thanks Bel smiley - biggrin. Oooooh, smiley - cakesmiley - boing

Post 56

Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

thankful for small things

as soon as I heard hemel hempstead, I thought, oh no Unc lives there

soooo glad you are all alrightsmiley - biggrin

and congrats on the engagement, I hope you two live happily and the bump, live happily ever aftersmiley - bubbly

Post 57

Laura

I left Hemel back in August smiley - smiley, I'm now near Newcastle.

It even looks like the caravan has survived, a family friend visited the site and said that the only damage he could find was a possible crack on the inside of the double glazing on one of the windows smiley - wow. Considering the building near the caravan lacks walls, it's quite a suprise to find it's still there.

Thanks smiley - biggrin

Post 58

aka Bel - A87832164

That's wonderful news Unc smiley - biggrin

Post 59

Laura

It's certainly very lucky smiley - biggrin. I'm still a little worried about my friend though, who's been on holiday since the day before the blast and comes back tomorrow.

Post 60

aka Bel - A87832164

I hope all will be fine smiley - goodluck

Key: Complain about this post