This is the Message Centre for HonestIago

That day, that day (NaJoPoMo Pt.17)

Post 1

HonestIago

There just some that make me want to go into the foetal position and today was one of them. I had:

The realisation 6th form students don't know how to use capital letters or basic punctuation

A student bawling his eyes out because he's been removed from A Level Business

The father of that student pulling him around by the neck and screaming abuse at him

A lad with a serious steroid abuse problem kick off at me

And a parent ask me "Why should I be bothered?" when told his son was doing badly in the final year of 6th form

I'm really not sure what I can do in the face of those situations and wonder why I'm bothering. So I'm chilling out tonight with some Baileys Hagen Daaz and trying to forget about the place. I'll decide whether I'm going in tomorrow tomorrow.

Post 2

Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

smiley - hug

ice cream is the solver of many a problem

smiley - smiley

Post 3

hellboundforjoy

smiley - hug Hope tomorrow is better.

Post 4

Sho - employed again!

Blimey. smiley - kisssmiley - hug
I am glad that you are there to care for the kids that need you.

Post 5

Ivan the Terribly Average

smiley - redwine

Post 6

HonestIago

I made it into work and I've had an apology from the lad who was aggressive with me and the lad who was crying and then attacked by his dad has been to see me and is much calmer, happier and we've just sat down to talk about his future.

Crappy day yesterday but today is already looking much brighter.

Post 7

Ivan the Terribly Average

It's reassuring that while you were thinking about the day that was, so were they.

Post 8

Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

smiley - book

Post 9

Sho - employed again!

you know, crappy as a lot of your days sound HI, I have hugely crappy days too - but when I have a good day, they are nowhere near as productive and useful as yours.

smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for HonestIago

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more