This is the Message Centre for Bluebottle

17.1.2019 – Filmed for Radio

Post 1

Bluebottle

On Tuesday lunchtime our staff choir was filmed by the BBC to appear as a news item for local station BBC Radio Solent today, which they've also decided to show on the local television news. I heard that our performance would be on at 7:35am so I turned the radio on at 7am, only to hear my own voicesmiley - yikes This was broadcast at 7am as part of the News in the Julian Clegg show – I'm on at 33:40, with the main bit broadcast at 1:06:30:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06vtvfv
'A choir has existed for over 5 years' was apparently the 3rd biggest local news story following Saints' smiley - football defeat and 'Warsash Woman gets stuck up tree', on a slow news day where nothing much has happened except for Theresa May scraping through another vote of no confidence with under 20 votes to spare…
Apparently while I was listening to the radio, at 7am the BBC's South Today programme also broadcast us on the telly as a 'coming up on tonight's show' bit.

<BB<

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

Wow! That was amazing for you to turn the radio on at just the right time to hear yourself - I can imagine you were surprised! smiley - laugh I'm impressed by the proportion of time they allocated to you for that segment, too!

Lovely - people need a feelgood local story at 7.35am smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Bluebottle

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more