This is the Message Centre for Bluebottle

22.10.2014 - Phew!

Post 1

Bluebottle

I was in the hospital this morning when the doctor said, 'This may hurt for a few seconds'. Obviously his definition of 'few' is different to mine. Unless you are Winston Churchill and/or talking of The Few, 'Few' should always mean 'less than ten'. Any pain lasting more than 10 seconds counts as 'smiley - bleep ages'.

The end result was that I have been invited to spend some time back at the Royal Hampshire County Hospital in the near future, for cups of tea, a meal or two and a spot of surgical procedure. (Fortunately for my overactive imagination it is nothing particularly serious - on a scale of one to ten, if 1 be bad and 10 be good, then this benign.) The problem has a Latin name, but I didn't let that fool me into thinking it has received a classical education...

<BB<

22.10.2014 - Phew!

Post 2

Icy North

Sorry to hear you'll be under the knife, BB.

Hope all goes well.

I brought you some hard boiled eggs and nuts.

smiley - chicksmiley - chicksmiley - crisps

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Bluebottle

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more