This is the Message Centre for Bluebottle

Bound for the IoW

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Hiya <BB< smiley - hug

We have finally booked our honeymoon, so where better than the Isle of Wight? I feel like I know the place already smiley - biggrin but neither of us have ever been. It's a coach tour so we'll spend some time on one of the ferries. I hope it's not that dodgy one you wrote about smiley - erm

Departing Cleethorpes 22 April & returning on the 27th. Staying at the Royal Esplanade Hotel.
The itinerary is:
Visit to Osborne House;
Circular island tour;
Free time in Ryde.

I really want to visit the dinosaur museum in our free time (Sandown) so hopefully we'll get to do it.

Very much looking forward to it smiley - ok

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - island

Bound for the IoW

Post 2

Bluebottle

That is an excellent choice, if I do say so myself - I hope you have the best weather to enjoy it. And if you see my sister working in the hotel, say hello.

All the ferries are dodgy and overpriced, alas, but it was the floating bridge between Cowes and East Cowes rather than the ferries to the Island.

So do you have free time or a spare day or so? From Ryde you can either catch a smiley - bus or train to Sandown - you can catch them at the interchange that's across the road from the Royal Esplanade Hotel, but it is about a mile or so walk from Sandown when you get off the bus/train.

<BB<

Bound for the IoW

Post 3

Bald Bloke

Have a good trip.

If you have free days the bus services are pretty good at getting you to all the attractions.

I agree with <BB< Sandown and Shanklin are well worth visiting in your free time, or for an evening out.

[BB]

Bound for the IoW

Post 4

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - cheers both!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Bluebottle

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more