This is the Message Centre for Bluebottle

Miss me?

Post 1

Venus In Cornflowers

smiley - cheerupI've missed you.smiley - winkeye

How do you get all those smileys on your page then? Or is that a perk of being in with the president?smiley - bigeyes

Miss me?

Post 2

Bluebottle

Hello old friend, yes I'd wondered where you were. Last thing I heard was that you were a statue.

As for the smileys on my page, they're a perk of getting on with Shazz of the post - being Vice President has nothing to do with it.
Or very little, anyway smiley - winkeye

<BB<

Miss me?

Post 3

Venus In Cornflowers

A living statue in fact... so I've been busy living.smiley - biggrin The cafe seems very differnt now.

Vice president?smiley - laugh What an appropriate title.smiley - winkeye It's obviously good for you.

A little gift for you...smiley - cheerup...some of my home-grown cornflowers.smiley - smiley

smiley - angel

Miss me?

Post 4

Bluebottle

Any time you wish ot come over to the cafe, I'll make you a nice cup of smiley - tea for old time's sake. And a smiley - cake!

But it's true - somehow or other I got Vice Presidented. Don't ask me why, I guess someone out there likes me smiley - winkeye But it's fun - and I enjoy the advantage of having VP in my name smiley - winkeye

So, what have you been up to in the last year?

<BB<

Miss me?

Post 5

Venus In Cornflowers

smiley - tea and smiley - cake - how lovely. You are so sweet.smiley - smooch

Someone out there definitely likes you.smiley - biggrin

In the last year I have done a great many things, some of which I may tell you about and some of which I couldn't possibly.smiley - winkeye

What have you been doing in my absence, and what else have I missed?

smiley - angel

Miss me?

Post 6

Bluebottle

You're welcome, my friend. We'll have to see if we can be there at the same time now smiley - winkeye

So, if someone out there likes me, is there any chance of that someone being you? smiley - loveblush

So, what are you going to tell me about of your last year? I personally haven't really done that much - uni, work, more work, yet more work, still more work, and that's about it. Occasionally I've had time for h2g2, but not as much as before. smiley - blue

<BB<

Miss me?

Post 7

Venus In Cornflowers

Now I went to the cafe, but no one served me smiley - tea and smiley - cakesmiley - blue

You know full well that this little Venus has always liked you.smiley - loveblush Why else would I grow these?smiley - cheerup *look it up some time*smiley - winkeye

My last year. Let's see. Moderating on behalf on the bbc, there's been lots of hard work, some travel, some laughter, a few tears, a few friends lost and found along the way. Never thought I'd come back to such changes here though.

But at least one thing has stayed constant.smiley - hug

smiley - angel

Miss me?

Post 8

Bluebottle

I'm sorry about you still not receiving smiley - tea and smiley - cake - I promise that if I ever get a chance ot be on at the same time as you that I will - alas, I've been working a lot this week.smiley - blue But I'm glad that I'm liked - it's very flattering, my friend.smiley - hug

It's true that h2g2 is quite different to how it was - it was completely different in my day, you know. The articles were shorter and funnier, I actually knew where most conversations were, and people's names were quite short too.

<BB<

Miss me?

Post 9

Venus In Cornflowers

Did you used to take part in the carry on threads too my dearest? I've been trying to find them but I guess they have all long since been disapeared.

I do like your extension you know - to your name. Very funnysmiley - winkeye There do seem to be so many unfamiliar faces around here now and so many old friends have vanished. But at least two of my favourite men are still heresmiley - cheerup

Still your own personal venussmiley - angelsmiley - smiley

Miss me?

Post 10

Bluebottle

No, I don't think I was ever in the carry on threads, but a lot of threads, including almost all of my original Waterworks ones, have disappeared. They say they are gradually returning, but far too slowly to actually notice.

But it's true that the guide has slowly changed along with the people since we first joined, but it's not all a bad thing. I'm sure you'll like a lot of the new people here when you get to know them. smiley - winkeye

<BB<

Miss me?

Post 11

Venus In Cornflowers

Ooh - who do you recommend?smiley - winkeye I always enjoy making new friends.

It is a real shame because there was so much fun to be had. people are noticably different now, although I've been told to visit foxy manor which sounds fun!

smiley - angel

Miss me?

Post 12

Bluebottle

Oh? I've not heard of the Foxy Manor - tell me what it's like!
As for new people, I tend to just hang around the old places like the Pub, the Waterworks and beach, and talk to the new peoplewho find there way in - I haven't seen you around there for a while - you should try the swimming pool, that's still going strong. I'm hoping to re-launch the beach, too. If you could be there it'd be great. There's a Summer thread where you can buy an ice-cream.

<BB<

Miss me?

Post 13

Venus In Cornflowers

hello again sweetiesmiley - cheerup I visited the manor but didn't find it all that enthralling. Maybe with the right company though...

I must come and visit your waterworks then. Its been too long! I'll also have to find my way back to the pub and see whats happening and where?

Is there passion fruit flavour or tutti frutti? Yummysmiley - biggrin

smiley - angel

Miss me?

Post 14

Bluebottle

Ah, sad to hear about the Foxy Manor. I probably won't visit it, then. There's going to be a bkini competition on the beach in September - fancy entering? I'm sure you'll have a great time! As for icecream, there's any flavour you wish! Just go here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/F44375?thread=135268

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Bluebottle

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more