This is the Message Centre for ian johnston

a day in the life of a misunderstood genius

Post 1

ian johnston

dear dairy,

i thought i would record a day in my life as an inspiration to others

06:30
mother wakes me for my breakfast.....milky tea and runny eggs with soldjers, same as evrry day....read daily mail....straight to letters page, yes, theyve printed 6 of mine today, including 4 about capital punishmnt for parking crimes!!!!

07:15
make up my pack lunch...... cheese sarnies with the crusts cut off and flask of week lemon drink, same as evrry day..... catch the bus to work

07:35
hed straight to my carpark exit kiosk....brush mushy pease from night-shift man dougs late night snack off seat.... clock in so mr leavis the manager nows i started early!!!!

09:15
catch some bloke in a red mazda trying to pass off a receipt for a mars bar for over an hours parking..... you have to get up pretty early to get that sort of thing pass me..... he has to pay £2 for parking and i give him a reciet.... as he waves goodbye i see he is disabled as he only has the middle finger on his right hand raised...must be arthritis

12:00
milk tanker arrives.... have to stop all the traffic wile it backs in.... very responsble job to be done carefuly!!!

13:45
milk tanker in to parking space now....silly driver kep putting his wheels on the lines.....open barriers.....lots of trafic queing!!!

13:00
time to go and collect the trolies.....and its raining!!! put plastic rain hood on.... very smart

14:20
collected nearly 100 trollies.....imagine taht....back on barrier duty

16:00
clock off.....mr leavis wants a word.....must be a promotion!!!!!

16:05
got reprimanded, so unfair....wonder what "twot" means......

16:20
catch bus home

16:40
get home...mother packing for saga weekend in cromer......fold her smalls for her

18:00
watch the news......death penalty still not in place for anything......write letters to daily mail and fife gazette lamenting about this

19:30
dinner......haggis and chips!!!! ... my favourite, piping hot from the microwave

20:30
help mother up the stairs to bed......take up her coco.....feed the cat (pooter)...... cat wees up my favourit chair

20:45
settle down with the OED

21:45
coco time

22:00
off to bed to bash one out

Key: Complain about this post

a day in the life of a misunderstood genius

More Conversations for ian johnston

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more