This is the Message Centre for bix

Hi bix...

Post 1

Amy: ear-deep in novels, poetics, and historical documents.

I'm glad to see you're finding your way around h2g2 so far. smiley - smiley

My name is Amy, and I'm an ACE (assistant community editor) here at the Guide, and my main function as that is to go around welcoming people to the site and seeing if they need any kind of help. smiley - smiley Normally I do that by leaving lots of links, but as you seem to be relatively sure as to what's going on, I'll just sit here with a cuppa smiley - tea or some smiley - coffee as per your choice in case you need me. smiley - smiley

Oh, and I'm also from the US, living in Pennsylvania during the summer and Virginia during school months. smiley - ok

Let me know how you're getting on. smiley - biggrin

~Amy (ACE, Guru, Keeper of Wolves, Muse of Procrastinating Novelists, High Priestess and Warlady of Thing)

Hi bix...

Post 2

bix

hello amy, dear...yes, so far, so good...thanx fer the note, though. if i have any trouble, is it you that i contact? are you my personal guru? i'm not sure about a few things...such as...are you recieving this personally, or is it being posted on a web page? and, you know, i've got scads of spare time on my hands....how do i become the grand exalted advisutron to the high tier....or whatever you all call yourselves? just curious...which is never unusual for me! caio!

Hi bix...

Post 3

Wow, lots of questions. smiley - bigeyes

In order...

If you have trouble, you can contact me, or ask anyone who's an ACE or a Guru or just about anyone who's been around a while. I could be your personal ACE, but normally we share you "newbies". smiley - winkeye

I'm reading this on a webpage, technically - a forum that is attached to your personal space. The conversation comes up in my list of conversations if you answer it, and therefore I'm notified that someone has said something. smiley - ok

And I'm assuming you want to be the grand exalted advustron to the high tier of the Thingites? Then just hop along to A516647 and sign up. If that's now what you meant, just explain it a bit more.

Hope that answers your questions. smiley - ok

smiley - smiley

Hi bix...

Post 4

In that second to last paragraph, now = not. smiley - doh

Hi bix...

Post 5

bix

hey, amy...i think i signed up as a thingite! kewl! also cruised around your site...i sent you off a quick poem and photo...hope you don't mind. caio, now.

Hi bix...

Post 6

bix

p.s., that is, to your e-mail address.

Hi bix...

Post 7

bix

how long does it take to be acknowledged as a thingite? perhaps i didn't sign up properly...hmmmmmmm?

Hi bix...

Post 8

Thank-you for the photo and the poem. smiley - smiley

And it takes only a bit to sign up as a Thingite - but I've been off working on my Calculus and Shakespeare so I haven't had a chance to gabble you in yet. I'm going to let Clive the Warlord gabble you, though. smiley - winkeye He should be back in an hour or so. smiley - smiley

Hi bix...

Post 9

And I see you've been gabbled! Welcome to the loony bin! smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post