This is the Message Centre for TeaKay

Queen concert, March 28th 2005 Brixton Academy

Post 1

TeaKay

A few details of my little jaunt along with some blurry pics here: http://spaces.msn.com/members/theaxis/

Feel free to ask questions or just gush about the wonderfulness of Queen smiley - smiley

TK[1]smiley - pirate

Post 2

Lizzbett

I take it a fine time was had?smiley - biggrin

Brian May is easy to recognise even when he is out of focussmiley - ok.

Did the Daleks have to pay full price to get in? (I saw a Dalek in Ipswich a couple of weeks ago, but I think seeing one at a Queen gig is probably even more surrealsmiley - laugh)

Liz
~

Post 3

TeaKay

A fine time was definitely had!

Lol, the Daleks weren't at the concert... they were in a shop window somewhere else in London smiley - smiley

TK[1]smiley - pirate

Post 4

Existential Elevator

Cooooooooooool smiley - ok

I'll have a proper nose when I've got the time smiley - ok

Post 5

Laura

smiley - envy

Ooooooooooooooh smiley - wow will have a proper look when my housemate finishes downloading stuff and there's actually enough bandwidth to load anything smiley - doh

Post 6

TeaKay

smiley - ok

Post 7

Laura

Had a look at the pictures, I do like the Darlek smiley - laugh, great to look at concert photos other than the forced viewing of my friend's even more blurred Westlife concert photos smiley - biggrin

Post 8

TeaKay

Lol, hey- Blurred pictures of westlife are at least better than the concert itself...

TK[1]smiley - pirate

Post 9

Laura

Yes, quite fortunate she has a friend who also likes to go to Westlife concerts smiley - biggrin. She's still cross with me for saying "I'm sure they can find another Irish bloke who can sing a little" when one of them left smiley - erm I wasn't trying to be offensive, just stating facts. smiley - biggrin

Post 10

Lizzbett

I caught a bit of Newsnight Review yesterday evening and they reviewed Queen and Paul Rogers at the Brixton Academy. There was something wrong with the BBC singnal here last night, so I didn't get much of an impression from the little snippet of footage that they showed because the darn picture kept breaking up and the sound quality was dreadful. The general consensus of the panel seemed to be that the whole thing was a dreadful idea and would only appeal to sad old rockerssmiley - sadface

What's wrong with sad old rockers, I should like to know?

Lizzbett
(thirty-something rock chick)

Post 11

Laura

The people at Newsnight Review generally come to that concensus about everything

Post 12

TeaKay

Glad I missed that then. Silly old codgers. Poor buggers don't know what they're missing out on.

I'm only 22, but if the fact I enjoyed the concert and the whole general idea makes me an ageing rocker, then so be it.

TK[1]smiley - pirate

Post 13

Existential Elevator

Nout wrong with being an aging rocker.... Nor liking aging rockers. Experience counts, don'tcha know? smiley - winkeye

Post 14

TeaKay

Lol, don't have much of that, though, unfortunately smiley - smiley

TK[2]smiley - pirate

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for TeaKay

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more