This is the Message Centre for Smudger879n

Snip?

Post 1

Smudger879n

We had no TV, phone or Internet all yesterday afternoon right through until this morning?

After I had spent 40 minutes on my mobile, (as we had no land line) going through many multi choice menus, I eventually got through to a human voice, but to avail, as he was totally clueless as to my problem?

Not to worry though, as bang on 09.00 this morning, two bright and cheery Virgin Media engineers, arrived at out door, and traced our cable.

It was not long before the came back to tell us they had fixed the problem, they were really quick and very profession as well, in fact that restored my faith in Virgin Media again!

It turned out that some clot of a neighbour had cut through a cable while trimming his hedge, and had cut off the whole block of four flats of everything, the same as us?

One thing to come out of all this was, how amazing it is that we all take such services for granted, and don't realise how much we depend on them, until they are gone?

Luckily we have a whole collection of films on flash drives and discs, so at least we had something to watch last night.smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Snip?

Post 2

Websailor

Glad you got sorted. I panic if I lose my services, especially Internet, and yes we do take things so much for granted.

Shears, electric or otherwise are lethal, but what on earth was a cable doing exposed to such risks? I have noticed some round here are very exposed to weather, vandalism and such. Just laziness I reckon.

Hope you are both ok.

Websailor smiley - dragon

Snip?

Post 3

Smudger879n

Hi WS, a lot of folk didn't want their garden dug up while the cables were being laid, so they ran them along the ground, under hedges and along side fences?

The bloke had lifted the cable and hung it at the bottom of this hedge, while cutting grass, then later, when trimming his hedge, he cut through itsmiley - erm

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Snip?

Post 4

Websailor

Better than an electricity cable which a friend of mine did with painful results!

The title of this thread always make me smile Smudger smiley - rofl

Snip?

Post 5

Smudger879n

Aye! WS, I know what you were thinking,smiley - winkeye

Even thinking about that, brought back "painful" memories?

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Snip?

Post 6

Websailor

Oh dear, I should have known you would guess smiley - smiley

Thanks for the smile anyway, smiley - sorry for the painful memories smiley - biggrin

Snip?

Post 7

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi smudger

i have the tivo box and im linked to youtube and was able for a long while to watch later from the library or cyber.so i couldf acsess them at home on tivo.

last night after being off for over a week its back but virgin dont know if it will stay they are still in talks on the apps with youtube. the watchlater lets me store a lot of films

without it i have to use subcribe to the one that puts them on.

take care smudger smiley - disco jim

Snip?

Post 8

Smudger879n

Aye! Jim, our TiVo box records things by itself? It's annoying, mind you with the amount of memory it's got, it doesn't take up much space.

That Smart TV that we have in our bedroom, gives us all kinds of Catch Up TV we need. It can even has You Tube and EBay and you can go On Line as wellsmiley - cool

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Snip?

Post 9

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

smudger

you can stop the surgestions look in help and settings

them delete the ones you dont want, dont forget to also delete the deleted at the bottom of the page of things recorded or any you only once delete will stay as part of the persentage.

if your not sure what to do to stop the suergestions ring virgin. they will show you how to stop them auto recording smiley - disco jim

Snip?

Post 10

Smudger879n

Aye! Jim, it's weird really, but I never seem to bother recording programs any more, like we used to.

It's amazing how much we take all this modern technology for granted, it's only when it breaks down, that we realise just how much we rely on it.smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Smudger879n

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more