This is the Message Centre for Smudger879n

Techy Help.

Post 1

Smudger879n

I remember when I first joined this site, I was still learning about computers at the time. I picked up a lot of knowledge from that computeractive web site, as well as some nice helpful folk on here.

I also used that help section that we can get to from the All Programs key on the start menu, which gives you the information in plain language, not that computer jargon.

I used the knowledge I gained and started a techy help thread on that ex service site I used to visit at that time, and still do. It's been a great success as there are quite a lot of "silver surfers" on there, who needed help, just like myself.

What I have noticed over all these years, is that just as soon as I get to grips with the technology of the time, some new advancement techy stuff comes out.

For example CD discs got replaced by flash drives, which were then replaced by SD cards?

Our lad came to see his Mum, and brought along a Flash Drive with three films on it, all we had to do was plug that into the side of the Smart TV and watch them.

I think there is a Techy Help thread in here somewhere, I just can't remember how to get to it.smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Techy Help.

Post 2

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi smudger

i dont have a pc so i use a 32 12 4 or 1gig flashdrive myself to store from the pc in the cyber to watch on my old tiny pc laptop with xp pro windows, no good to old to get the memory for it but it allows me with flashdrives to use it.

there is also a thing that can be attached as a video link for flashdrives to a tv i have one, it lets me see pictures, films and hear music on my tv.

my tiny can also connect by hdi cable to see the pc on my tv and i can then watch dvds on tv from the old pc.

i decided not to get a pc, i have the tivo with a link to tube so i can get loads of films and things from that. smiley - disco jimbob

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Smudger879n

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more