This is the Message Centre for Smudger879n

Idea for Invention..

Post 1

Smudger879n

Well, after watching an episode of Dragons Den recently, it gave me the nerve to send away to a company (on line)who help folk with their inventions.

As I have had this idea in my mind for ages now, and I think its better than some of the ideas I've seen on that program?
I did a quick search on the Patent site, and couldn't find anything similar, so here is hoping?

So, I filled in the forms today (along with a secrecy contract) and enclosed some sketches, which were hard to do as I had to demonstrate it in such a way that folk would understand, but then if Mk2 can understand it,....anyone would! smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Idea for Invention..

Post 2

bobstafford

I wish you goodluck with that mate let us know how you get on. smiley - goodluck

Idea for Invention..

Post 3

Smudger879n

Thanks for that, I will do smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Idea for Invention..

Post 4

Websailor

smiley - goodluck Smudger but make sure you keep it under your hat till it is sorted. My Dad invented and designed, and made all sorts of good things, but always seemed to be just a tad too late to catch the gravy train.

Example: a three armed thing to put a skein of wool on to wind, that you could clip to a table or chair so you didn't need your partner's arms for twenty minutes. Just as they started to sell wool in balls!!!! smiley - grr

Websailor smiley - dragon

Idea for Invention..

Post 5

Smudger879n

Aye! I have had some really good ideas in the past, like, many years ago I said to Mk2 that they could use the back of the door mirrors on car doors as indicators as well as "kerb lights" then a few years later..............there they weresmiley - erm

Also, using cameras instead of door mirrors, to make the car less wind resistant, and now................smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Idea for Invention..

Post 6

Smudger879n

I just knew there would be a catch to all this, we got a letter tot day saying we need to pay around £500 for a "world wide patent search and patent registration"

So, that's me skupperedsmiley - sadface

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Idea for Invention..

Post 7

Websailor

That's the kind of thing Trevor Baylis is always complaining about, the way we treat entrepreneurs in this country. Pity you can't find someone to back you?

Perhaps this might help?

http://www.trevorbaylisbrands.com/

Idea for Invention..

Post 8

Smudger879n

Aye! thanks for that WS, that looks like the same kind of company that I contacted already.

They phoned to say that the idea was good, but I needed that money to take it further?
Thanks anywaysmiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersS,udger.

Idea for Invention..

Post 9

Smudger879n

Latest update, this other company takes £250 for a world wide patent search, (not the £550 the other firm wanted)
Then, if there is no other such item in existence, I have to pay £300 for a Patent lawyer and a another £280 to register the Patent.

They cover all other costs for "one third" of the profits made? Seems a bit high, but look at the work that saves me from doing!smiley - winkeye

So, I will have to wait and see how much this pension payout I am getting on my 60th birthday next month?

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Idea for Invention..

Post 10

Websailor

smiley - goodluck Don't do anything rash smiley - smiley

Idea for Invention..

Post 11

Smudger879n

Ah! no chance of that, mind you I never followed up my last idea, and look what happened there?
All the newer cars have them fitted now, so someone made a few £s out of of itsmiley - wahsmiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Idea for Invention..

Post 12

Websailor

smiley - goodluck You deserve some smiley - smiley

smiley - cheers

Idea for Invention..

Post 13

Smudger879n

Cheers WS, if I do get the pension payout next month, I might have enough money left over to pay for it, as we plan to buy our own car soon, as our present contract with the Mobility Scheme car runs out in Septembersmiley - ok

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Idea for Invention..

Post 14

Websailor

That will be nice.

smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Smudger879n

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more