This is the Message Centre for Lajewell Poet

Welcome Lajewell Poet...

Post 1

Lightman

Hi Lajewell Poet

I can say that you have completed something, (login to h2g2), A great thing to do. It is up to you now how far you wish to join in with the community.

I had best introduce myself. I'm Lightman smiley - smiley. I'm an Assistant Community Editor or (ACE). We are volunteers who greet new researchers such as your good self, and assist new researchers to get started or be someone to chat to.

I have not read Douglas Adam's Salmon of Doubt, has the jigsaw of writing been placed together well?

I't great that you have enlisted to the earth version of the book. If you want something to read, smiley - thepost<./>Thepost</.> is h2g2 news paper published weekly. To find your way around h2g2 <./>Welcome-Newcomers</.> gives general information, and useful links to help pages. <./>A317459 </.> The h2g2-Tour

smiley - surfersmiley - peacedovesmiley - ghostsmiley - magicsmiley - wizardsmiley - angelsmiley - bubblysmiley - cupidsmiley - lovesmiley - oksmiley - flyhi

Above are some of my favorite smiley 's, click <./>Smiley</.> for a full list of smiley's to use just enter the code for the smiley in your text.

Clicking on the 'My Space' button takes you to your Personal Space, which shows information about any guide entries which you have contributed to, as well as conversations you've posted in.

When you click 'Preferences', or go to the <./>UserDetails</.> page, you can change your name, e-mail address, password or preferred skin.

That should keep you busy for a while. smiley - smiley

When you wish to make your Personal page more visually interesting visit the <./>GuideML-Clinic</.>? GuideML pages. Here you can lean about the language h2g2 uses as well as all other DNA communities.

If you see a page and want to know how it was put together : Look for the page number in the address window, my home page is <./>U189790</.> If it begins with U remove the U and type testuserpage before the page number <./>testuserpage189790</.> Page numbers beginning with A you only need to replace the A with test

Remember the words <./>DontPanic</.> If you need any help just click the Reply-button, I will come smiley - run as soon as I'm on line. Or feel free to contact any other ACE Aces who will be pleased to help you.

Mac or PC I hate them both equally. I note you ask what qualities must be shown to be a Great Person. Compasion, leadership, a purpuse for the greater good. Is a start, whay do you think is needed then?

I am sure that you will love this community. Whether you have joined h2g2 for fun or to contribute to the guide, jump right in, this is a friendly place. smiley - ok But be careful - it can become quite addictive.

Lightman (ACE)
smiley - peacedovesmiley - earth

Welcome Lajewell Poet...

Post 2

Lajewell Poet

Thank you for your warm welcome.smiley - biggrin I was just wondering if there are any Writing workshops here. I have tried to search one out but it seems all the ones I find have been deleted by the author. Thanks

Welcome Lajewell Poet...

Post 3

Lightman

So gald you want to write for the guide. If it is with the intention, of writing a piece to be submitted for peer Review. smiley - ok
Writing-Guidelines is a good place to start.
or another usefull page by Jimi X is at <./>A148169</.>
Hope that helps.

Have fun and if I can help just pop back.

Lightman
smiley - peacedovesmiley - earth

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Lajewell Poet

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more