This is the Message Centre for shark8me4tea

Howdy again

Post 1

Miztres

Doing as asked and checking out your space.

So school sucks, sounds normal then. At least you have access to the Internet, at our school the machines were only for use during computer classes...sucked indeed.

I was sent to the school shrink once...spent what seemed half a lifetime doing a word association test...hope it was useful for them, bored me spitless. So how did your trip go if it's not rude to ask...if it is, please ignore, everyone else does.

Yes, definately the best years are after school, the only thing school has going for it is the social life...but if you're lucky, your workplace can be just as much fun.

Good books, now that is something I can talk intelligently about. What are your favourites at the moment? I'm always interested in finding out what others read. I'm a Harry fan (*blush in embarrasment*) which I know is suppose to be sad, but he's a down to earth hero (when not on broomstick) and so someone we wish we were like. I'm also a fan of Garth Nix, an Australian author, I have a list of his works attached to my space. It's fantasy stuff mostly, with 'Shades Children' being more scifi. The Artemis Fowl books are good fun (Eion Colfer) with our evil genius Artemis getting into trouble with the LAPD (Leprecaun police). I know sounds lame when you write it out like that, but Artemis is cool and so it his Butler, Butler.

Ah cars...now there's a subject I know nothing about. How to get them to move, where to put the air, petrol, water and other additives is it...the rest I leave to the drulling masses. Don't get me wrong, I love my car, we've been some amazing places together, but I've been some amazing places with other cars too and I don't get teary eyed thinking about them. Just recently in Perth I was upgraded from a Laser to a brand new Falcon, which was very comfortable though a bit of a sluggard. Of all the cars I've driven I guess I like my present Camry the best. I tend to call it 'The Tank' due to it's length and large turning circle, but she doesn't move like a tank when you step on the accelerator. What have you been working on lately? something more interesting than a Camry or a Falcon I bet.

What's with turnips? I can't say I had much to do with turnips myself, my parents were not fond of them and recently I've found out why. Give me a sweet potato anyday. I remember Don Burke going on about turnips once...he doesn't like them either and thought you could grow better things than a sad old turnip. It caused a real storm, people writing in with recipes, and uses for tunips, histories of the vegetable...it was incredible!

I guess that will do for now. Keep ya cool against the system and hope to hear from you soon.

smiley - wizard

Howdy again

Post 2

shark8me4tea

my personal space was written more out of boredom at school than anything else...we do get a mite restless. It is a good thing that we do have access to the internet, it is our main means of communication to the outside world. I live about 180 km's from where i go to school (I board there), so it helps to have the internet to talk to my friends back home. just for basic info, i live in Perth (or near there anyway) but i go to school at Cunderdin Ag college. That is a whole different thing in itself.

No, the shrink here seems to be more concerned about what you hope to do with your future, and what your family is like. A bit of a farce because A) No one knows what the future holds for them, and B) We live far enough away from our families for it not to be a problem.

OK then, I'll take your advice on the books...see what i can find...I am a bit of a Pratchett fan...I liked 'The Last Continent' ...

Well, now I spose the roles are reversed. I like cars, always have, and it is good just to be able to muck around with them and then go and have some fun. I have a mate on a farm with an old Holden ute as a paddoc basher, and that gets the merciless sh*te thrashed out of it, and when it stops, we fix it again. I swear that there is more fencing wire in that car than anything else...scary stuff.

I wish that i could say that i had been working on something interseting, but the fact is that i haven't...i will be building a go-kart later this week...the one that i have at the moment has destroyed itself...Yamaha 2-stroke said 'no more'...and that was that. so the new one iwll be a bit more suited to the whole paddock basher kart style of thing...the last one was my ex-race bitumen kart, and it couldn't hack the pace.

you don't want to know about the turnips thing...too strange...it is something that some friends and i banter around.

Anyway, gotta go...what area do you live in perth???

I can't check this too often, 'cause i rely on friends internet connections.

Mullett

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for shark8me4tea

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more