This is the Message Centre for FairlyStrange

Obsevations from an Old Member

Post 1

FairlyStrange

First up.....Nighthoover will never die! We thought he was dead almost nine years ago....but it just ain't gonna' happen.

That's too cool!

That list of "who's online".....I don't know where they are, but they are NOT HERE.

Basically, whoever shows up in the first page and a half are here.....the other 15 to 1600 are somewhere else.

What a shame. This is the fun place....no place to get real serious.

No, I don't come arouind often....but I just gotta' see whats' goin' on from time to time.

Once in a great while I run into an old friend from "back in the day". Yeah...when User Number 40388 was a HIGH number!smiley - winkeye

Ya'll will never see that here, but trust me when I say...IT WAS SOOOOOO COOL!

"Goodnight Sweet Princess, Whoever You Are"

NM

Post 2

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Hi I am a *newish* member and read your comment about 'who's online'

I listen to the radio an awful lot, via iplayer, and the BBC therefore automatically signs me in. So it looks as if I am here, when it's only the 'eyes' -perhaps this is why it looks as though there are more members online than it would appear?

I think hootoo is great though and do spend a bit of time reading and so on!

Post 3

TowelMaster

Hi Fairly Strange! I know exactly what you mean. Just trying to blend back in myself. smiley - winkeye

How's life?

Post 4

FairlyStrange

'Ello TM!!!!! Long time no read. Good to see you peeking in.

I think quite a few of us "geezers" do...just never seems to be at the same time.):

Me, I'm doing well. This lousy economic situation hasn't reached me.....yet. Well...I must say I've quit opening my quarterly 401k retirement report...it's just too depressing.

Personal life is running smoothly. I guess I live a most boring life, but then, that's the way I like it!

How's the world been treating you? How are things going in the "Old World"? Better than here, I hope!

NM

Post 5

Baron_Shatturday

Hey! It's TM! And only missed him by 5 weeks too! That's just no time, if you adjust for relativistic time dilation. Now why you would do that is beyond me, but you could do it, and we'd all be here at about the same time. Imagine that!

Post 6

Anonymouse

*Waves*

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for FairlyStrange

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more