Post 1

mtbmadness

Entry: Tourist Guide to Moscow - A877854
Author: mtbmadness - U209064

meenya ochyn nravitsa Moskva

A877854 - Tourist Guide to Moscow

Post 2

Dr Hell

Nice... But there is already an Edited Entry on exactly that topic.

A730856

Sorry to bring you the bad news... But don't panic. Your Entry is still a part of the guide, when people search for info on the moscow metro they will also find this Entry.

Keep up the good work, and mext time, before you set out to write a superb Entry search for already existing ones.

Bye,

HELL

Post 3

Dr Hell

SOORRRRRY!!!!

That was on the metro yours is a tourist Guide ... Sorry, I must have been out of my mind.

I'll be right back...

HELL

PS: Note that there are some Entries about Moscow which you might want to link to.

Post 4

Dr Hell

Okay I am back...

As I said before there are some Entries you might want to include as links, or take a look at:

A730856 - The Moscow Metro
A586677 - World's Most Beautiful Buildings
(contains a nice section about the Kremlin)
A622513 - The Russian Language
A871995 - History of Russian Vodka
A832411 - A Brief Introduction to the USSR

The Entry you write has many nice bits in, but it is mostly focussed on the Western perspective - you have to remember that there are also other people reading this guide. For example: "Clothes. You won't blend in. As a Westerner the quality and style..." Would read better like this: "Clothes. If you are a westerner tourist you won't blend in. As a Westerner the quality and style..."

I have another slight problem with this Entry. It says a lot about crime, bribing policemen, eating and drinking and the people - nice. However, I miss the bits about: Where to go, tourist spots, like for example the war memorial (they have all their migs and tanks on display there - it's huge), the Kreml, the huge variety of museums - and the fact that the muscovites are ADDICTED to musea. All the small churches. There's a lot more to Moscow than what you described in your Entry.

It's a nice start tough,

HELL

Post 5

Dr Hell

Oh, just remembered: The Boshoy theatre, all the soviet kitsch statues of lenin marx and the others, the library, the university building, the boat trips on the moskva...

Hmm... I'll stop here.

HELL

Post 6

Trout Montague

Wot, no Pushkin?

Post 7

mtbmadness

Hi there Hell.

Thx for your comments.

the title is misleading maybe. I didn't want to give people a guide to moscow- just some general advice about spending time in the city.

Can I re-title it?

Post 8

Trout Montague

As a result of dining-room congestion, Old Spice and I met a man in a hotel. He was from St. Petersburg, on business ... we were just trying to escape to the west.

He saw that we were relatively lightweight in the morning food routine and decided to beef us up. From his jacket pocket he produced a quarter-bottle of vodka. Old Spice wimped out so he ordered for her a glass of wine. He and I soon polished off his vodka and had to order from the bar.

I have no idea how his business went. He called himself "tigre" (tiger? he growled a bit) and looked like Yeltsin. Our day on the tube went like a dream and I never knew if I got gobbed at.

DMT

Post 9

Dr Hell

Oh I see... Of course you can re-title it. Good idea. What about something in the lines of "Quick tips for Tourists in Moscow" - In any case the title should make clear that the Entry is not about the sightseeing spots and hotels, but more about how to avoid the police and the criminals, how to behave and all that... But then - in this case - I think that the metro and the Lenin Mausoleum sections could be discarded.

Well, these are just my thoughts and suggestions. Give it another title and maybe some polishing, and when you're ready post something right here, and I'll give it another read, OK? smiley - winkeye

See you,

HELL

Post 10

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

As Hell (hi there smiley - smiley ) says: change the title, rephrase the first person bits and perhaps explain what 'Tipsy' and 'Mickey Finn' (knock-out drops?) are and you should be all set.

Post 11

Dr Hell

<...waiting>

(Hi Bossel smiley - biggrin)

Post 12

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Happy New Year Hell smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more