This is the Message Centre for jaz'd(ace & yada yada *sigh* chocolate yada)

Congrats Sir Mick!

Post 21

Izzybelle

Aren´t we all trying to reach dry land?...

Or as a swedish "proverb", saying for explaining oddities like this
in translation something like "Even the devil himself becomes religious when he gets old"

"...it´s a gas, gas, gas..."

smiley - tongueoutsmiley - biggrinsmiley - devilsmiley - somersaultsmiley - angel

Izzybellesmiley - witch

Congrats Sir Mick!

Post 22

tonemonkey(Steve Cooper, of BLiM fame (?!) contact me!)

Hey Izzybelle!

I'd beeter keep my knowledge of rude sweedish words a secret then!

Keef is sensible in a way, the queen would demand his presence during daylight, and Keef don't get up til darkness falls!

Hey do

Congrats Sir Mick!

Post 23

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

"the queen would demand his presence during daylight, and Keef don't get up til darkness falls!"

smiley - laugh They are both safely tucked in their own worlds!

Congrats Sir Mick!

Post 24

jaz'd(ace & yada yada *sigh* chocolate yada)

Yes abbi, I know what you mean...I can't count the times I could've gon down for that proverbial third & final time...goodness knows so many have! And who knows how many are "dog-paddling" furiously even as I type this!

Very good proverb Izzybelle, age can make you reconsider alot of things.I think Keef is too much of a rock & roll rebel (also, he'd probably prefer a year's supply of Jack Daniels. smiley - rofl )

Congrats Sir Mick!

Post 25

Izzybelle

Hej Tonemonkey, Jazz and Abbi,

Rock´n´roll is ageing together with it´s performers, that´s a fact and I don´t mind that at all.

But for someone like Jagger to accept a knighthood is to me an ultimate sign of being very british.smiley - biggrin He just couldn´t resist it I suppose.

So Tonemonkey somebody has tought you naughty swedish... are you sure it´s naughty?

Hej då
Izzybelle

Congrats Sir Mick!

Post 26

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

The Stones still performing is something I never expected to see at this age along with many other performerssmiley - ok

I like it!smiley - smiley

Congrats Sir Mick!

Post 27

Forgive the spelling but the one I can share most in public is brosten. Would that not be slightly risque? I have shocked many Swedes in the shop where I work so I'm pretty sure I shouldnt put it on linesmiley - laugh

I never thought I would get the opportunity to see the best musicians of a century still performing, but so many are still going. The Stones, McCartney, Clapton, Buddy Guy, Taj Mahal et al, but so many are gone too, like Junior Wells, John Lee Hooker, Robert Johnson, Miles Davis, George Harrison and Lenon. Sad thing is the gone list only gets longer, and still going shorter. Where are the talents to replace them? Mired in a sea of talent show karaoke, and production line blandness. (Seriously a MANNILOW cover at number 1? The mind boggles!)

As for Keef, I always wondered how he had time to get drunk wat with waking up at closing timesmiley - laugh

Congrats Sir Mick!

Post 28

Ah but tone'mate, he's probably got a couple well stocked mini-bars at home! Y'know how some homes (at least here in north america)come with 2 & 1/2 bathrooms - his would have to have 2 & 1/2 bars smiley - rofl . Not to mention the fact that I'm sure he's invested in at least 1 or 2 over the years, & has them all to himself after hours...it's possible-maybe not probable, but possible! smiley - winkeye!

Oh, btw hello abbi, Izzybelle, tonemonkey! Hope things're going well for you all.

No Izzybelle, I certainly don't mind either that rock'n'roll is ageing along with it's performers, I'm just glad I'm still around to see it-which of course means I'm ageing too. But when you consider the alternative...I'll gladly age as long as possible - as Neil Young said smiley - musicalnote "Long may you run..." smiley - musicalnote . Here's hoping we all manage to! smiley - cheers

Congrats Sir Mick!

Post 29

Izzybelle

"Hey, hey my, my
Rock´n´roll can never die..."

smiley - choc
Izzybelle

Ps. Tonemonkey, bröst is a part of the female body... Rude? Chocking?

Congrats Sir Mick!

Post 30

smiley - musicalnote "...there's more to a picture than meets the eye, hey, hey my, my." Greetings all! After your quote from Rust Never Sleeps Izzybelle, I just had to respond since speaking of pictures & eyes I hope to be posting some pictures eventually. We have a display of some ice sculptures starting in my neighbourhood & coincidentally a photo offer just came up. A major Canadian drug store chain has a Konica single-use (27 exposure) camera on sale & with the photo developing, they'll put the photos on a digital disc! So, early in the new year I hope to have a variety of photos accessable online.

Congrats Sir Mick!

Post 31

Izzybelle

Well, I´ll be waiting to see what will meet the eye, then.
Ice sculptures can be fascinating(did I spell that right?)

"Rust never sleeps"
Izzybelle

Congrats Sir Mick!

Post 32

I've drunk in one of Ronnies, where Keef sometimes appears. The Cricketers on Richmond Green. Apparently Ron has sold it now, but I used to like it in there (but the pub next door has better beer!).

Still, lets try this kook (I spell 'em as I hear 'em, and my keyboard aint got no umlauts!) and I learnt that in combination with something meanin suck!smiley - laugh Proof enough Izzy?

Congrats Sir Mick!

Post 33

Izzybelle

Okey, okey Tonemonkey your language is horrible. I would not walk around saying k"bleep"k.

Congrats Sir Mick!

Post 34

Oh yes, you spelled that correctly Izzybelle. The ones that've been completed are quite nice...I just hope my photgraphic skills do them justice.

Key: Complain about this post