This is the Message Centre for jaz'd(ace & yada yada *sigh* chocolate yada)

apathy

Post 1

jaz'd(ace & yada yada *sigh* chocolate yada)

"Science may have found a cure for most evils, but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all - the apathy of human beings."

Helen Keller

apathy

Post 2

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

smiley - blueyep
smiley - disco

apathy

Post 3

Thats for sure, huh, abbi?

apathy

Post 4

Ellen

Helen Keller was a smart cookie.

smiley - towel

apathy

Post 5

Ellen

Have y'all seen The Miracle Worker? Patty Duke and Anne Bancroft gave phenomenal performances in that.

smiley - towel

apathy

Post 6

Gotta track that one down!!

apathy

Post 7

Greta_9, Keeper of the 4/4 Beat and Deep Sexy Basslines, in a strange condition

Brilliant, dark, well-acted, moving.

apathy

Post 8

I vaguely remember hearing about it, & regretting that I'd missed it.

apathy

Post 9

Ellen

You summed it up very well Greta.

smiley - towel

apathy

Post 10

Yes she did, but thats a writer for you~I meant that as a compliment, Greta.

apathy

Post 11

And on that complimentary note smiley - yawn, I bid you all, as Hati says 'ning *waves*

apathy

Post 12

Greta_9, Keeper of the 4/4 Beat and Deep Sexy Basslines, in a strange condition

Loved the compliment, jazz smiley - smiley

apathy

Post 13

smiley - biggrin

apathy

Post 14

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

The older version is very good too! Do not remember who did it nowsmiley - erm
smiley - disco

apathy

Post 15

Good morning abbi smiley - hug, how're you doing?

apathy

Post 16

Ellen

That is the older version Abbi, the black and white one, with Patty Duke as a child. (I think) Strangely enough Patty Duke was in another version as an adult, playing Annie, the teacher.

smiley - towel

apathy

Post 17

hollypuppy

HI!,
Very profound! I actually have a theory about apathetic people. I think they have a huge void, and don't have a clue what is missing, or what to fill it with. I'm pretty sure they don't even realize there is something missing. If you really think about it, it's like a mental short out in the energy needed to fuel ambition. And to me that says something very necessary is just not there. Not enough gumption, no output. Even if you take the 'it's just laziness' standpoint, there is a deficiency of some sort, be it a deficiency in humanity, or just a lack of social conscience, it's all a lack of proper, or should I say balanced energy. So, now...how to fix it? I'm just an observer, can't save the world,( although sometimes I see where I would make a change or ten). Anyway, there it is,don't have the foggiest what can be done...any sugestions? smiley - dogholly puppy

apathy

Post 18

As to what can be done, hollypuppy...no real suggestions at the moment, except that the apathetic individual should seek out causes &/or activities they really do feel strongly, or at least, 'feel something (positive)' about. And, hopefully being around somewhat like-minded people (& hopefully getting involved), they'll (perhaps slowly) start to develop more of an interest & more 'feeling' for the activity. Thats just my theory - liike you, I'm just an observer...can't save the world - at times I think its pretty much 'dumb luck' that I've managed to 'save myself' thus far smiley - laugh.

Key: Complain about this post