This is the Message Centre for ex Brigadeer, now Tealady Werekitty aka Tobru De'ran; ex sith extraordinaire, well poked veggie fascist and Goo Goose

black

Post 1

ex Brigadeer, now Tealady Werekitty aka Tobru De'ran; ex sith extraordinaire, well poked veggie fascist and Goo Goose

"I've been 40 years discovering that the queen of all colors was black." Auguste Renoir - photographer

http://www.pixiport.com/blackandwhite.html

black

Post 2

Ellen

Did you know that you can alter the tonal values in a black and white photograph by using color filters with black and white film? I experimented with this for a science project back in high school. For example, say you are taking a picture of red apples against green leaves. If you use a green filter, the apples will be black, and the leaves light gray. If you use a red filter, the apples will be light gray, and the leaves will be dark. Same subject matter, same film, only the change in filter creates radically different images. smiley - cool

black

Post 3

Ralph the Wonder Llama and André the dodo; Excrement Occurs

smiley - headhurts Doesn't a green filter on a green object make that object white?

black

Post 4

ex Brigadeer, now Tealady Werekitty aka Tobru De'ran; ex sith extraordinaire, well poked veggie fascist and Goo Goose

only if it's exactly the same colour. No I didn't know that I might try it out.... You ever tried painting on fix and dev before exposing?

black

Post 5

Nope. I think that on the video of the Hitchhiker's guide they prove that black is white. I'll look it up.

black

Post 6

smiley - laugh I don't think they proove it. I think it just means that the guy who used the babel fish as proof that god doesn't exist just went on to proove it, until he got killed at the next zebra crossing.

black

Post 7

No, in the tv-series you actually see the proof.

black

Post 8

all those equations at the top?
White is all colours and black is no colours....
therefore white can be said to equal infinity colours and black to equal zero.
How can infinity and zero be the same?

black

Post 9

No, black is all colours and white is lack of colour.

black

Post 10

Apart from materials that have colour, there is also Black and White. Anything that is Black, absorbs all colours of light, so reflect no colours at all. White objects do not absorb any light so just reflect back the incoming light. So if you were to shine a blue light on a white object, the white object would appear blue. The same would apply to all the other colours.

You may have experienced this when sitting in the sun. If you are wearing a white shirt, the shirt will remain relatively cool to the touch. However, if you are wearing a black shirt, you will find that the shirt feels relatively hot to the touch. Black absorbs all the light energies and frequencies of the spectrum whereas white does not.

http://www.colourtherapyhealing.com/colour/objects_and_colour.asp

black

Post 11

smiley - tongueout

smiley - laughsmiley - biggrin

black

Post 12

smiley - headhurts

black

Post 13

If you make a colour wheel, then spin it really fast you see white.

black

Post 14

If you place a prism in a beam of light, it refracts into its component colours.

black

Post 15

an it looks all pwetty!

black

Post 16

Vewwy vewwy pwetty.

black

Post 17

*decides to change the subject, her head starts throbbing, much in the way of the people in below the planet of the apes, and Ralph is psychically lifted into the air*

I learned that in summer camp!

black

Post 18

I learnt some usefull skills at summercamp!

black

Post 19

Yeah? What'd you learn.
*gently puts Ralph back down then hits him over the head with a lemon merangue*

black

Post 20

Lightsaber duelling, setting fire to things, passing myself of as over 18, ritually burning rubber ducks etc. etc.

Key: Complain about this post

black

More Conversations for ex Brigadeer, now Tealady Werekitty aka Tobru De'ran; ex sith extraordinaire, well poked veggie fascist and Goo Goose

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more