This is the Message Centre for thebazil's blue period

america

Post 1

thebazil's blue period

i'm really terribly depressed about the recent election. i don't really think i'm being paranoid either, because it's all real isn't it? they're going to bulldoze the environment; take away abortion; give crazy people guns; virtually cease educating kids - particularly the ones that need it; increase the disparity in incomes and lifestyles; let all the rich people do whatever they want - and they're going to do all this while at the very least severely offending the rest of the world, if they don't start a war. w is rabid. which means not only is he violent, he's been shown to be contagious. . .

america

Post 2

Farlander

That sounds awful!smiley - erm Whose campaign are you talking about? It's not Dubya's, is it? I'm afraid I haven't been following the US election news very closely, so I'm somewhat clueless.

Our own country's elections are scheduled to take place this weekend. I'm not exactly worried about the outcome because the nation's biggest democratic party is going strong still (and while there *are* idiots out in the East supporting bloody fundamentalists, these groups are few and far between), and I fully expect them to stay in power.

america

Post 3

thebazil's blue period

i posted that ages ago smiley - laugh ... though it's not really funny ... the Republicans won the Senate and the House of Reps, over here. and they have bulldozed the environment and are trying to take away abortion and have been ucky in pretty much every way imaginable. they continue to give crazy people guns. they cut money from failing schools instead of trying to assist them. rich people are getting richer and bankruptcies are skyrocketing. jobs are evaporating. there's the patriot act that lets them arrest people and surveillance them and everything without much more than suspicion. and they're trying to amend the constitution to limit our freedoms.

and the world hates us. smiley - sadface

they could support whatever dubya wanted. and put bigots and radicals in permanent, lifelong judicial seats. which they've done. bastards. idiots. i'm trying to convince the fiancee to move to canada.

america

Post 4

Farlander

Sorry, I didn't see the date! smiley - doh Good grief, it's like thread necromancy... At any rate, how's this year's campaigning going? I haven't really been following it, so all I know is that it's pretty much Kerry against Dubya, and that Kerry said something to the effect of foreign leaders confiding in him that they'd like to see Dubya fall, but that's about all I know.

(Well, at least if you move to Canada, there won't be much problems getting a job in the science line. You're into research, aren't you? I hear that they're short of scientists - or at least that's what my friends over there tell me)

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for thebazil's blue period

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more