A Conversation for I'm New - What Do I Do Now?

want to play?

Post 1

Researcher 236944

Hi! I heard this was supposed to be some kind of RPG super-forum (and i think it is). Anyway, I'm just getting back into RPG after a five year break and I'm trying to start a new gaming group in the North of England (Newcastle/Sunderland/Durham area). I'm 22 and I've played loads of games in my time (Warhammer, D&D, Star Wars RPG) and I'm currently working on developing my own game based upon the Star Wars RPG rules (because they're simple and I can't be bothered with all those games where you have 3000 different coloured dice and have to spend two hours with your arm down the back of the sofa looking for the green D27 otherwise you won't be able to defeat the dragon and enter the sacred castle of Lorr-Arim). Anyway the game is set in a post-apocalyptic New York where demons, dragons and other creatures have returned to the earth after a nuclear war has wiped out 2/3 of human civilisation.

I'm also into music (I have my own recording studio), sports (football, boxing) and love PS2 games (especially ones where you kill lots of things). I'm currently studying for a masters at Uni. If anyone wants to join a gaming group let me know. I need four or five people (2 male/2 female preferably).

Cheers
Peter Stebbing

want to play?

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

Hi Peter, and welcome to h2g2!smiley - smiley

You could try posting your question over at <./>Askh2g2</.> where the conversations are much more frequented than here, and maybe at A533251 where there are some online adventures going on (albeit a bit slow due to vacations/holidays)

want to play?

Post 3

Titania (gone for lunch)

Oh - and if you update your user page it will create a 'discuss this entry' button, and so people will be able to leave you messages on your page.

Just click on this link: <./>UserEdit?Masthead=1</.> and put in something/anything - just a simple Hi! will do!smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more