A Conversation for I'm New - What Do I Do Now?

i'm new

Post 1

irha

Hi I'm new and I'm from Bulgaia that complicates the situation.What do i do now?

i'm new

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

Hi there, new researcher - and welcome to h2g2!smiley - smiley

You might want to do something about your user page - just putting a little text in will make it possible for people to visit it and leave messages for you... try this link:

<./>UserEdit?Masthead=1</.>

i'm new

Post 3

Titania (gone for lunch)

...and being from Bulgaria doesn't necessarily mean that things get complicated - I'm from Sweden!smiley - smiley

i'm new

Post 4

Aries (ACE + Badger)

Hello!smiley - biggrin

As long as you can understand and write English there is no reason why you can't enjoy and contribute to h2g2 as well.

You might also want to change your nickname, You can do that by clicking on the 'Preferences' button above. Its so that other people have something they can remember you by. smiley - winkeye

i'm new

Post 5

Jane Austin

I,m new to this too!! I am a Brit living in Tenerife, and I am trying to find my way around this site since discovering it via "book of the future", it seems much more complicated than that one, or is it me!!!

i'm new

Post 6

manda1111

hi jane smiley - ok

It might seem a bit more complicated than book of the future, but you will get used to it smiley - winkeye

just drop by my page if you want HERE >> U193090 and there is some links to othere places that you might want to try smiley - smiley

manda smiley - peacedove

i'm new

Post 7

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

Jane,

You may not have been properly welcomed to h2g2 because you are registered through Book of The Future - but that shouldn't stop you exploring h2g2 as well.

So, to that end ..... may I direct your attention to a page I made that might help ....
"Hints and Links for New Researchers" page at <./>A719840</.> - if you go there it will lead you to all sorts of places which will help find your way around and get to know this wonderful place smiley - biggrin

i'm new

Post 8

Jane Austin

Hi Feisor

Thanks, I am still confused, but I am sure I will get there eventually!!!

Jane

i'm new

Post 9

Jane Austin

Thanks Manda

I just love those "smiley,s"!! Reminds me of the 70,s, oops, I am showing my age!!!

Jane

i'm new

Post 10

manda1111

Hi jane,

I cannot remember much of the 70's

I was there, I was just drunk all the time, no, I cannot remember much of the 70's smiley - biggrin

manda smiley - peacedove

i'm new

Post 11

Aries (ACE + Badger)

I'm not sure if I was lucky or not. I wasn't born in the 70's

i'm new

Post 12

Jane Austin

Hi Manda,

Well I discovered things like "ponys", lager, cider & "babycham" in the 70,s, as well as Number 6 cigarrettes, actually I remember that school dinner money covered the cost of 10 no, 6 and a box of matches, I didn,t eat lunch for 3 years until I got caught!!! ah, those were the days!!!

Jane

i'm new

Post 13

Jane Austin

Of course I was awfully young at the time!!!!!

Jane

i'm new

Post 14

manda1111

OH I forgot to say that i as awfully young as well smiley - whistle

manda smiley - peacedove

i'm new

Post 15

Aries (ACE + Badger)

So you effectively missed it as well?

i'm new

Post 16

manda1111

or should that of been, I was young and awfull smiley - erm

manda smiley - peacedove

i'm new

Post 17

Aries (ACE + Badger)

smiley - laugh

i'm new

Post 18

Jane Austin

What about the 80,s?????

i'm new

Post 19

Aries (ACE + Badger)

I was there but I don't remember being there, I was too young.

i'm new

Post 20

Jane Austin

I must be old enough to be your granny then!!

Jane

Key: Complain about this post