This is the Message Centre for zendevil

Veggies!

Post 1

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Hiya my Wooh!

If you help me out with the veggie society I will have to promote you to co-captain. I'll wait a few weeks to see if fords resurfaces, but your input will me tres appreciated. smiley - smiley

Just one more thing I've done to encourage myself to spend at least as much time and energy at my favorite place in the wordwide web as I do with my blog. I think it'll be good for me.

Veggies!

Post 2

zendevil

Bon idée me wooh!smiley - smooch Where do you prefer me to put my *ahem* input? Direct to the Veg Soc, via email or onto this thread or what?

zdt

Veggies!

Post 3

How about putting recipes and stuff directly into the veg soc page. If you have other ideas or suggestions, either starting a new thread at the main veg soc page, or in an email, would be perfect, and totally up to you.

I've volunteered to take it over, but I definitely can't get people interested again all on my own.

Veggies!

Post 4

HVS

I've been trawling h2 looking for entries containing veggie recipes (or recipes which can be made veggie or vegan), to add to the "vegetarian restaurant" section of the society's pages. If you stumble across any, please send me a link?

Feel free to start a new thread with any recipes of your own you'd like to share. I'll have to see if Edward the Bonobo has shared any recipes in h2 entries, otherwise maybe I'll just see if I can slip in a plug for his blog at some point.

How's tricks otherwise? Sounds like you had a great time with all of your visitors.

Veggies!

Post 5

That was me posting, BTW. Forgot to log out and back in.

Veggies!

Post 6

zendevil

Can you snaffle some of the ones from your Recipe Central thread? I seem to remember bunging quite a few onto that.

Jazz'd up curry has lots of (quelle surprise!) curry based ones, usually using tofu & suchlike. He gave me a link way back to a great curry site, not all veggie stuff, but many are:

http://rubymurray.com/

Which reminds me, i haven't actually made a curry in ages, i knew there was something missing in my life!

zdt

Veggies!

Post 7

I'll dig up my old recipe central thread... and some of jaz'd's curries (I'll ask him first smiley - winkeye). Since the restaurant consists of links to edited entries, what I think I might like to do is compile a separate page and call it a "cookbook". Not sure as of yet how to make that work, other than setting up a page and then asking folks to start a new thread for each recipe. How does that sound?

I'm really looking forward to (hopefully) reviving interest in such a useful and valuable resource. A lot of the cool h2g2 "societies" have somewhat fizzled... people have moved on, so membership has waned, and a lot of the new folks aren't aware these places exist and don't know how/where to find them .

Perhaps you and some of your fellow ACEs can steer newbies who indicate an interest in vegetarianism that way...?

Sometimes, I kinda miss being an ACE. I quit on account of youknow-who's histrionics- it created a conflict of interest at the time- but now I just don't have the time to do it properly, I don't think.

Still trying to get K to contribute to the Post. Music reviews have to have some value, no?

Veggies!

Post 8

zendevil

I'd think music reviews would be just the jobbie!

As to newbie-steering, certainly i will try, but since half the buggers don't even open their PS & half the ones that do never reply & half of those have come from other BBC sites, it is a bit of a dead duck at times.smiley - sadface

zdt

Veggies!

Post 9

zendevil

Talking of dead ducks, those who think they are OK eating poultry take note:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6328161.stm

zdt

Veggies!

Post 10

Yuck.

Frustrating about the newbies... though it seems to be common at most message boards for a certain ratio to register and never return. Given the number of people who start out here thinking it's just another message board, I suppose it only makes sense that many newbies won't reallt get involved.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for zendevil

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more