This is the Message Centre for Farlander

Facing the Music

Post 1

Farlander

I desperately miss my brass quintet. It's been ages since we last got together to seriously play anything, really - Jeff went to Hanover on vacation in March, and then took 'maternity leave' from our group because his wife was expecting (and delivered a baby girl on the 10th of this month! smiley - biggrin). I wish we were organised enough to function without the leader, but even if we were, music just isn't music when you remove a part from it. Anyway, (music) life is expected to return to normalcy this week, so yay... And I'll get to test out my new Denis Wick 4BL mouthpiece in a quintet setting. smiley - magic

Life without music is... just no life at all.

On a sadder note, one of our university band friends passed away on Saturday evening, after having spent the past six months or so in a coma following a horrific car accident. Alex, you will be missed. And your bass trombone stands unclaimed in our practice room. smiley - rose

Facing the Music

Post 2

John Luc

Very sorry to read that, Farlander. smiley - cuddle

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Farlander

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more