A Conversation for Surviving the Winter in a Student Household

Warm Places

Post 1

Trout Montague

Pubs... and girls' houses - they always have more money to spend on heating than boys.

Warm Places

Post 2

amdsweb

Or you could always suavely lure a member of your preferred sex back to your place - living hot water bottle!

Warm Places

Post 3

Pilpingto -Knower of Noses

If your university of choice happens to run on steam power / steam heating, you can keep warm for free by huddling on top of the steam tunnel outlets. You may have to fight of racoons and squirels, but it is well worth the effort. Never underestimate the benifit of sleeping in lecture halls either. Some of them are kept toasty warm all night long!

Also much less chance of getting a delightful STD than the aforementioned "human hot water bottle" method smiley - smiley

Warm Places

Post 4

Demon Drawer

Also the uni library is quite warm and open quite late get a terminal at uni and log on to h2g2 for as long as possible if there is nothing better you g and stay warm and happy at the same time. smiley - smiley

****DISCLAIMER*****

Spending too much time on H2G2 whilst you should be revising for end of year exams could seriously jeopardise you changes of attaining a degree, or a degree of the standard you deserve.

Warm Places

Post 5

trayhay

The best place to live is in a double glazed upstairs flat - the people downstairs put on their heating, keeping your flat warmer. Live in the middle of a terrace and you have the houses either side keeping your home warmer.

Alternatively spend lots of time at a friends house - everyone has at one friend who doesnt care about money and puts the heating on all day long!

Warm Places

Post 6

PQ

smiley - laugh

Sleeping in lecture halls? Why wait till night time when there is the low lighting, warm air and soothing droning voice to lull you to sleep in the day time....subliminal learning works!!

I wouldn't recommend computer labs...theyre generally air conditioned (i used to take gloves with me in the middle of summer if I knew I would be typing for more than an hour *brrrr*)

Some student unions have sports facilities (a gym) which will be open till quite late, these are always toasty due to the body heat, plus you can finish with a roasting hot shower before bundling up warm and going home to bed.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more