This is the Message Centre for The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

whoah ... haven't been here in 4 ever

Post 1

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

I've been stuck on this really primitive planet for a long time where the government arbitrarily chooses which students should get free college and which don't on the most absurd criteria and the Internal Revenue Service telephone answerers expect people to "hold for up to 48 hours".

Worst of all, I've lost my towel. This does not look good for Nerd42.

I have NO time at this point in my life to devote to h2g2. I mean, I've been acting that way for a long time now but I think it's time now that I admitted it.

This means I won't be able to run my RPG club at all. smiley - cry I haven't abandoned the multiverse it's set in - I'm just having to abandon the online play for now. I'm still working on the novel. (which no one has seen at all, so of course nobody cares) I think that the h2g2 implementation of the Silver Sword multiverse has been very successful in accomplishing some of the goals I set for it when it began. It helped me figure out which kinds of parties work best, helped me think about how the various types of characters would react to one another and forced me to develop a system where I could plan out campaigns in which I could insert any characters I wanted to and also take them out at any time I needed to while still preserving some sense of story. (The story never got finished, but anyway ...)

Someday I'd like to code my own custom-built web site for hosting Silver Sword RPG games but I've got to finish college so I can make the money and get the 1337 skillz first. But basically, whether or not it resurfaces elsewhere someday, the Silver Sword Universe is no longer going to be on h2g2. I'll leave what we've done with it up for archival purposes but I am having to abandon all my plans to expand it.

I've also quit Uncyclopedia recently because of my dis-satisfaction with the direction their humor has been going. (Straight down into the gutter) That site would really benefit from having some rules against obscene content like h2g2 has. (Or used to have, back when I spent alot of time hanging out here - I don't know what it's like now)

In late 2006, I helped to found a new kind of wiki called Illogicopedia for people to post nonsense to. Unlike Uncyclopedia which aims for what some disturbed individuals consider "funny", Illogicopedia has no requirement for it's content to be funny - it just has to be nonsensical. (and relatively clean) "Good" submissions are articles that people consider "interesting to look at and possibly even read". http://illogicopedia.wikia.com/

I barely have any time to devote to that either. (LOL)

Another crazy crazy project I've been involved in is learning how to remix music. I made a mixtape that dropped in April 2007. http://music.wikia.com/wiki/COOLdISC_aFTERmATH

So basically I've been keepin busy, working and studying but have also used all my spare time in creative projects that also teach me about things, but most of it hasn't been online, or it's been where I don't have to concentrate really hard on it - handling this h2g2 stuff takes too much concentration.

So I'm not going to be able to contribute really all that much to h2g2 anymore. smiley - sorry Now and then I might log in, check what's going on, maybe post, but I can't be "responsible" for things like my RPG club anymore.

I would like to thank the BBC and everybody behind h2g2 for providing the hosting for my RPG club all this time AND for allowing people all over the world (even in the dreaded .... USA!) to be a part of the site even though they aren't even remotely British. smiley - smiley

Basically I'm still around, just not around as much. smiley - dontpanic
smiley - towelNerd42

Key: Complain about this post

whoah ... haven't been here in 4 ever

More Conversations for The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more