This is the Message Centre for Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

Hello?

Post 1

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

I am tentatively popping my head back through the h2g2 door.

So who is going to put the kettle on?

Hello?

Post 2

Ivan the Terribly Average

Right, the kettle's on. smiley - smiley

*rummages in cupboard in the hope of finding biscuits*

Hello?

Post 3

summerbayexile

Ginger biscuits and custard creams here. Great to see you back!!smiley - cheers
SBE

Hello?

Post 4

zendevil

D'you fancy a chocolate croissant?smiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocOooh, and they've got some of those nicesmiley - strawberrytarts in.....mmmmmsmiley - drool

Come and meet my puppy!!!!

zdt

Hello?

Post 5

"Come and meet my puppy!!!!"

smiley - erm

Do you remember that cartoon advert with Charlie the ginger cat? A public services announcement?

The kid meets a bloke in a park and he says 'Come and see my puppies'

The boy wants to go but Charlie says 'mwahmwahgrrmwagrrwahgrrmwa' and eats his fish.
The kid then translates and says "Charlies says 'never go with strangers"

Hello?

Post 6

zendevil

Never seen it, never want to. Luckily here i seem to live in a place where "Come & meet my puppy" means just that & you could say it to a kid & everybody would just smile.

What a rotten world where such a phrase can be used as an excuse to do evil stuff to kids!smiley - wahsmiley - grrsmiley - steam

I see that poor wee lad Rory came to an evil end. i just don't understand such stuff.smiley - roseRIP Rory.

zdt

Hello?

Post 7

Ivan the Terribly Average

I had a chap offer to show me his 1950s fashion-magazine illustrations once. smiley - weird Not what I expected; I was just waiting for a tram...

Hello?

Post 8

The "Charlie says" adverts were shown in the 1970's.

It just made me smile when you said about the puppy as it reminded me of the ads and the fun we used to have as kids trying to do impressions of Charlie. smiley - cat

Poor Rory and his family. It was on local TV for 2 days and then it made the national news. By that time I think everyone knew it was bad news.

What kind of world is it that we live in?

Anyway - before I get depressed - I want to see pics of Skanky! smiley - dog

Hello?

Post 9

My conjtribution to the biscuit stash is:

Choc chip cookies
Mint Kitkats
Orange Kitkats
Normal Kitkats

I didn't buy them all at once - just have the kitkats when hormones strike me down and the cookies were a buy one get one free - but I ate the double choc chip cookies 2 months ago smiley - laugh

Hello?

Post 10

Rivkeh Yankee-Shoes... bashing about the BoE again

Long time no smiley - tea!

Decided to come back to the Guide... remember me?

and smiley - bubbly

Hello?

Post 11

I'm not really here

A bit late forthe kettle, but glad to see you around - especially with that entry to edit. smiley - biggrinsmiley - handcuffs

Hello?

Post 12

(crazyhorse)impeach hypatia

smiley - tea,,,,just boilin a now lass

Hello?

Post 13

Wow - good to se you back Yankee Shoes - it has been over a year hasn't it?!

I have decided that trying to watch a DVD and hootooing is just not a thing to be attempted. I am currently watching 'National Treasure'(Nic Cage - smiley - drool) and I am just about to replay the same bit for the 6th time as I keep getting distracted when I post smiley - cross

Hello?

Post 14

smiley - laugh Mina - when I was allocated that entry I was so surprised to see it was written by you! smiley - winkeye

Hello?

Post 15

i got chocolate digestives

Hello?

Post 16

Ivan - well I suppose it is the modern day equivalent of 'would you like to see my etchings?!' smiley - laugh

Hello?

Post 17

I love choc digestives - especially plain but I am not want to quibble over milk and plain chocolate - smiley - choc is smiley - chocsmiley - drool

Hello?

Post 18

smiley - biggrini only ever made one etching,,,,smiley - tea

Hello?

Post 19

I'm not really here

It wasn't written by me, or is that what you meant?

That entry came about after a conversation between myself and Emmily, but I didn't contribute.

Hello?

Post 20

zendevil

I am astonished by the variety of Kitkats that seem to be on offer these days; obviously food technology in UK has passed me by...

"In MY day, the only Kitkat was a 'normal' Kitkat; dear me; orangey minty ones? What will they think of next? Tsk Tsk"

zdt*aka* disgusted of Surbiton* But what the hell, i will try them anyway; have a break, have a Kitkat.

Key: Complain about this post