This is the Message Centre for Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

Not again...

Post 1

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

Does anybody want to fill out my DLA form for me?
It doesnt expire for another 6 months yet they sent me a re-claim form. i phoned to check and they said it is to allow for processing time smiley - yikes
How am i, or my doc, supposed to make a claim on circumstances that will be relevant in 6 months? smiley - headhurts Of course by then if they have changed, they would expect to fill in a new one again smiley - grr

Not again...

Post 2

nadia

Oh, the idiocy that is beurocracy...smiley - yikes indeed.

Have a glass of smiley - redwine to relax you before you start.

smiley - orangefish

Not again...

Post 3

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

smiley - dontpanic

rolls out red tape with "serious forms waiting time"

smiley - hug

Not again...

Post 4

smiley - laugh i have got as far as filling in my name and address and have lost the will to breathe!

Not again...

Post 5

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

hears Mort's smiley - puffsmiley - puff

thinks about CPR, but does not want "Arnie", when I ever decide to go into politics.

Not again...

Post 6

Hathornefer (ACE) Near miss - isnt that what you'd call a hit

Mort as smiley - angel Patron Saint of Chance and Red Tape smiley - angel I will do whatever I can to help - but even guardian angels know there are some battles they can not win alone.

I will blow luck in your direction to give you a better chance. It does mean however you have to keep on breathing.

Hath
smiley - love

Not again...

Post 7

nadia

I shan't blow in your direction...wouldn't want you to catch my cold.

smiley - ill

smiley - orangefish

Not again...

Post 8

The chances of me catching your germs from here have to be pretty slim - but I can always get my own back by wrapping you in red tape if you managed itsmiley - winkeye

All considered though - thanks - rather not have the germs youre right!

Hath
smiley - love

Not again...

Post 9

nadia

I could sneeze into a box and wrap it in enticing red tape then send it to you...

Nah, I'm too nice for that.

smiley - orangefish

Not again...

Post 10

suddenly I feel a little green around the gills smiley - ill

Hath
smiley - love

Not again...

Post 11

I am still only half way through - completed one of the forms, now just got the more complicated one to do smiley - headhurts

Think i will go to bed and try to finish it in a calm and relaxed environment. (ie i will fall asleep and ignore it smiley - winkeye)

I have already had a letter saying get a move on with sending it back. Are they having a laugh? 6 months in advance they send me it and want it back within a month, as it takes them 5 months to process it smiley - grr Utter nonsense.

Not again...

Post 12

I'm not really here

Good luck with it! Luckily I've only had to fill one in twice. I think the last one was dated four years in the future.

Not again...

Post 13

Tabitca

make sure you lay it on thick..don't be shy about your illness...they will try to stop you getting it if they can. I got DLA for my daughter until she was 14 but then because she went to school by herself..they stopped it and said she didn't need care. So although it's a pain take great care in filling it in..good lucksmiley - hug

Not again...

Post 14

I only got round to finishing the forms off a month ago smiley - blush, but they were really exhausting and sometimes the thought of it would stress me. I tried to lay it on thick.

Questions like do you need reminded to get dressed? Well technically no, but I answered yes because sometimes I am so depressed I won't get dressed or even bother going to bed, I will just lay on the sofa for 3 days in the same clothes not washing or caring about anything (minging I know know, but that's what depression does).

So I then have to write an explanation to all these answers so I don't get done for fraud. smiley - headhurts

Anyway, i got my bank statement today and I nearly had a freak out as I thought they had only been paying me half of my incapacity benefit. So I dug out the letter to check the amount and get my reference number to call them (pointless phoning them anyway) when I noticed that they were paying me every fortnight not every month so it was right afterall smiley - blush

Key: Complain about this post