This is the Message Centre for Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

Stupid Weekend

Post 1

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

I have gone right off weekends since I haven't been able to work.
I think I would have found them stupid when I was working if it weren't for the fact that working days are usually even more stupid.

This weekend was even more stupid than usual - quite possibly due to the smiley - moon which tends to send me stupid smiley - silly

The common theme in this entry is everything being stupid.

I got a letter about my renewal for free prescriptions. Which I followed up with a phonecall to someone who "just puts the numbers in the computer, it is not my fault".
I have been refused free prescripts - wait for it - because I get 6 quid a week more than the government says I need to live on so don't qualify. This is the incapacity benefit the government gives me because I am too sick to work.
My monthly meds (5 types - do the maths!) cost more than the excess 25 quid a month I supposedly have. Nothing has changed - and I got them free for the last 3 years smiley - sigh

So to summarise the government is giving just enough money to make sure I can't get the medicines needed for the reason I am on the benefit in the first place smiley - headhurtssmiley - steamsmiley - grr

Of course I will appeal but it is the effort of copying letters from various agencies, payment plans blah blah blah. I just don't need it. It seems every 6 months I have this stupid beaurocratic shite to sort out.

This was followed by the discovery of a broken wine glass whilst I was washing up, causing a tiny cut on my forearm. A small dressing was applied to stop the bleeding - which failed utterley. So big pressure bandage which covered the whole of my arm was put on. Still smiley - cross from the stupid NHS, I went to bed for a bit. Woke up 3 and a half hours later a bit confused as to why my arm was literally dripping wet. Then I wondered why the whole front of my t-shirt was soaking wet as well as the sheet and duvet cover.

I put the lamp on and it looked like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. My tiny cut was still 'pumping' blood. So whilst trying not to faint and being very disorientated, I made a cuppa and had a fag and wondered whether an ambulance would be the appropriate course of action since I had lost about a pint of blood and the stupid thing wouldn't stop.
Never being one to do the right thing I stuck another bandage on and then went "Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God" several times as reality hit me. Most of Friday night (I daren't fall asleep after that - thank God I hadn't been smiley - drunk and crashed out for hours) and Saturday were spent trying not to bleed to death and by very late Saturday night it had stopped (- which was just in time since I was on the verge of a trip to A+E). The rest of the weekend was spent having no energy to do anything and feeling decidedly unwell.

I am not afraid of a bit of blood, but this gave me one hell of a scare.

I told you - stupid weekend.

Stupid Weekend

Post 2

zendevil

I can 100% understand the whole of all that; which doesn't make yours, or mine, any better, but at least maybe knowing someone else is doing all this s*it means....well; actually F all; but well; someone else gets it too & understands the crap.

Have you got any magic cures for the smell of doggy pee? He is getting there, but it still stinks despite mopping & i can't afford expensive product stuff. It's Lino, so any old liquid would work.

zdt*so tired unable to think*

Stupid Weekend

Post 3

I'm not really here

I hope you've spent the time since lying around not doing anything.

Stupid Weekend

Post 4

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

I wish I could lighten up your day! smiley - hug

Stupid Weekend

Post 5

smurfles

It must be the weather!!!!My head isn't where it should be either...well it is ,but nothing inside it is working properly.I think it must be the run up to christmas,and all the added stress.Hope the arms better now mort,and you feel more capable of dealing with the stupid red tape.
Terri...have you cchecked it hasn't gone under the lino......might sound like a smiley - sillyquestion,but that was how i found a smell when we had a puppy years ago.It had gone just under the edge,and once found it cleared up in no time.smiley - dogsmiley - goodluck

Stupid Weekend

Post 6

Researcher 825122

You're weekend sounds like a complete nightmare to me. smiley - erm I would have phoned for a taxi or asked a friend to drive me to hospital for first aid if I had woken up with my sheets, pillow and duvet soaked with blood. Are you sure you didn't cut one of the arteries in your forearm? Or are you suffering from that illness, don't know its name neither the details, the inability to create either white or red blood cells to stop the wound from bleeding?

Apart from your frustration with the financing of your medicines (your story is well kown overhere as well, for instance the employer gives a raise in salary so you earn three quid bruto or net a month more and consequently the governement decides to stop the housing benefit so you have to pay the full rent all by yourself which means that the three quid pay raise makes you 150 quid a month poorer smiley - wah Oh yes, those are the blessings of a social security system.

Stupid Weekend

Post 7

Researcher 825122

So apart from that, I think you should visit a doctor and tell him your story so he can check it out if something is wrong with your blood. Indeed, a good thing you weren't plastered that evening and night. You would have bleeded to death, unintentionally.

Stupid Weekend

Post 8

(crazyhorse)impeach hypatia

i spent my weekend in oblivion i woke up on the pavement saturday night just got back from the doc on monday because i seem to have lost most of the use of my right hand...apparently i've killed a nerve in my arm bysleeping in an awkward position coming back from Orkney...guess i'm gonna have to undergo physical therapy for a while....stupid weekend

Stupid Weekend

Post 9

Waking up on the pavement?!! Never done that ever smiley - whistle

Are you right handed or left handed? I hope it heals soon but it sounds like it will be a slow recovery smiley - sadface

I am due to see my GP next week so I will mention it to him then. I am overdue for a blood test anyway - supposed to get them every 3-6 months but I am almost 2 years late - oops. Well that is what happens when they leave it to me to organise. They should know better.
My pills have given me high blood pressure which might have been a contributing factor.

How sad am I? There is actually no-one in the city I could call. All my friends live in other places. Trouble with me is having some medical knowledge I think I can handle things, so when any sane person would seek help, I just try to sort it myself smiley - laugh

In the attempt to get some iron in my system I did buy a savoy cabbage (don't mention spinach or seaweed smiley - yuk). Although I suspect to get the full benefit I will have to eat it at some point smiley - tongueout Being an unhealthy vegetarian doesn't help!

Stupid Weekend

Post 10

Terri,

As for the doggy pee. It probably is getting more noticeable as Skankydogs boy hormones are starting to kick in.

Mina might have some tricks/advice - but I would use a biological washing powder/liquid solution to mop it first and leave it wet on the lino to give the bio action chance to break down the stuff causing the odour and then do a final mop with a general non-bleach based disinfectant.

Oh and get his knackers lopped off when he is old enough smiley - evilgrin

Stupid Weekend

Post 11

I forgot to mention that I had also had an invite to go out with some people who I have met via an online game - http://www.gothador.com/
They happened to be in this neck of the woods over the weekend. So the 'stupid weekend' scuppered that plan too.

Stupid Weekend

Post 12

zendevil

Hmm; his knackers are just beginning to show; right now i could cheerfully bite them off myself; like they apparently used to for smiley - sheep.

*resists urge to say "does it work on humans?*smiley - evilgrin

So using bleach in the mop up water not a good idea then? can't take the lino up; it's glued down with some ferocious french toxic glue & daren't lose deposit on the flat.

Has your arm sealed & healed yet? Maybe it's thesmiley - fullmoon or something; i have been bleeding too, nose mainly; but also any little scratch or bite.

zdt

Stupid Weekend

Post 13

I'm not really here

I agree with Mort - some biological washing powder should fix that right up. Or just lose your sense of smell. Works for me! smiley - ok

Stupid Weekend

Post 14

fords - number 1 all over heaven

What a shitty weekend smiley - steamsmiley - hug

It's a shame it didn't happen during the week because I only work in Fountainbridge and would have driven you to A&E myself smiley - sadface

Key: Complain about this post