A Conversation for The James Bond Themes

Henry Mancini?

Post 1

Toccata

I seem to remember hearing a connection between the Bond Theme and Henry Mancini. smiley - erm Am I imagining it?

Nice article though smiley - smileysmiley - bubbly

Henry Mancini?

Post 2

Smij - Formerly Jimster

I think you might be, Toccata. He was very quiet in the court cases over ownership of the copyright if that was the case smiley - smiley

Maybe he recorded a version of it though. Any ideas, Danny?

Henry Mancini?

Post 3

Danny B

Mancini's name never came up while I was researching the entry. Are you sure you're not thinking of the 'Pink Panther' theme smiley - winkeye

Henry Mancini?

Post 4

Toccata

Nope it was from an inter-school Choir thingy many years ago, we sang a mix of Bond themes, and the conductor mentioned the conection saying, "you know, the chap who wrote the pink panther tune." Still it was all a while ago smiley - smiley

Henry Mancini?

Post 5

Danny B

I suppose it's possible that Mancini wrote orchestral arrangements of some Bond themes or something like that..? My parents had an album from many, many years ago along those lines - don't know whether it was by Mancini though.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more