This is the Message Centre for Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

ok...This feels wierd. Really wierd

Post 1

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

Any typist will be able to tell you that they get used to their own keyboard. Every keyboard is different in some way or another.

Well, I've just cleaned my keyboard. Took off every single key and cleaned them individually. Now my keyboard feels like someone elses and its awful! smiley - wah

Why didn't I just stick with the skanky, dirty keyboard? smiley - doh

Post 2

Serephina

cos you have to be awkward smiley - winkeye

Post 3

But even my smiley - mouse feels wierd too and I haven't cleaned that yet!

All the keys are really soft and don't clatter like they used to do.

Post 4

Serephina

aww smiley - hug give it a kick

Post 5

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

did you know that keyboard is the dirtiest place in the house / work?

Post 6

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

>>Why didn't I just stick with the skanky, dirty keyboard?

Well it seems to me you were probably jelous that it was usurping your place in the company smiley - tongueoutsmiley - nahnah

smiley - cheers

Post 7

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

It was the same with the old typewriters.

smiley - erm

Post 8

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

see posting 5
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3505414.stm

Post 9

Icy North

I hope you've got an optical mouse. I used to hate cleaning those ones with a ball. You unscrew the thing and the ball drops out and rolls off the desk, bounces off your little toe and disappears somewhere inaccessible (or the cat chases it into the next room). Then you have to get all the crud off those pinch rollers inside - disgusting job smiley - yuk

Post 10

it's a roller mouse. I'm in w*rk and I doubt very much they'd pay for an optical one! smiley - laugh

Post 11

Icy North

I should think you could buy your own for a couple of quid.

Post 12

BMT

re. pheloxi's post, he's right, I read in a pc mag a while back that the pc keyboard harbours more germs than a toilet bowl apparently.
There used to be a moulded soft plastic cover available for keyboards when keyboards were a standard shape and size, certainly helped in keeping it clean and as for the roller ball mouse, Icy is right, awfull things to clean.smiley - yuk

Post 13

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

I remember those dust covers, rubbery things which went yellow eventually from all the smoke in offices. Of course that was back when everyone had standard 102 key AT/XT keyboards...like the one I used up until last november

smiley - cheers

Post 14

Oh, and this is just my oppinion, anyone who can't use windows without a mouse shouldn't be allowed to own any computer more powerful than my old 16k speccy

smiley - cheers

Post 15

Icy North

That takes me back. I had some ZX81 software listings published in a magazine many years ago. Probably the first and only time I get something in print.

Post 16

aka Bel - A87832164

Thanks for the reminder, VV, I had intended to clean my keyboard for weeks now, it's getting more and more dodgy. I now have a crumb-free keyboard again smiley - biggrin

Post 17

Kitish

maybe out with the old in with the new?

Post 18

It is new, it's just our cleaner is absolutely terrible!

Post 19

Kitish

oh and not because I'm being difficult - but you spelled weird incorrectly!

smiley - whistle

Post 20

yeah....I realised that after I typed it.

Just goes to show that the saying of i befor e except after c doesn't work does it smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post