This is the Message Centre for Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

VV does it yet again

Post 1

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

Oh yes. I did it BIG style this time!

I went off to w*rk yesterday and G stayed behind because he was going off for his stagg do that day.

All is good. All is well.

When getting ready to leave w*rk, I check to see where all my keys are. No front door key and G is some 400 miles away. No spare key with the neighbours and no spare key in the back garden anywhere. *sigh*

Phones mum to tell her. Phones a locksmith...approx £100 to call them out smiley - yikes

Whilst driving home, I got my friend (who was in the car with me) to phone mums and ask for dad to meet me at my house.

Gets home and my mobile rings. Dad says Uncle C is coming round about 6.00pm and Dad was off to granddads to get hold of a load of keys (just in case one of them fits).

Uncle C arrives and we all troup off through next doors house to get to the back of my house (I really must buy my next door neighbour a drink).

Uncle C sets too taking out the beading so he can get to the glass. He takes out all the putty.

By this time, I have to take my cousin to the pub (she already had a prior arrangement and Uncle C wasn't going to be finished in time). I gets home and C tells me the glass broke. smiley - wah

After a lot of fussing around, Dad comes back with a piece of wood to put over the gap in the window. (good job it wasn't raining last night!!!).

Off everybody goes and leaves me on my own. Uncle C texts me saying if I need company, I can just ring. Bless his little cotton socks.

This morning Uncle C comes round with a piece of glass. It's not double glazed like the rest, but seems as the double glazing had failed anyway, there didn't see much point getting a unit made up.

So I've left him to it whilst I get to w*rk.

*sigh* I don't do things by half do I!

VV does it yet again

Post 2

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

smiley - hug don't worry, maybe nobody will notice your amazing havok causing abilities

smiley - cheers

VV does it yet again

Post 3

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

smiley - erm

Yes we smiley - bleepin' do! smiley - yikes

VV does it yet again

Post 4

aka Bel - A87832164

You know, I followed all of this life last night smiley - rofl Didn't get to know the results ,though. Glad it all worked out in the end smiley - hug

VV does it yet again

Post 5

smiley - blush

It was soooo embarrassing!!!! This is the first time in 11 years that I've ever been locked out, and it would be when G is 400 miles away for 3 days wouldn't it!

VV does it yet again

Post 6

Serephina

oh dear trust you smiley - hug

VV does it yet again

Post 7

aka Bel - A87832164

When else would it be ? I mean, where would have been the fun if he had been round the corner ? Will you leave a key with lil now ?

VV does it yet again

Post 8

Icy North

Hi VV. smiley - smiley

Don't worry, we've all been there. (no, not your house - I mean being locked out).

It's only embarrassing if you subsequently find the key in another pocket. Take my advice - don't check.

smiley - smiley

VV does it yet again

Post 9

Marmite

It happens to use all, dont feel too bad..........tee hee

I did it the other day and got my dog to answer the door, must check the security here as now i know he can let himself outsmiley - yikes, hes more than likely had a right old time over the park without us even knowing

VV does it yet again

Post 10

The problem was that the smiley - dog was in the house desparate for a wee and I couldn't get to him.

By the time I got into the house, he'd had a little accident.

VV does it yet again

Post 11

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

hands Vicki a keychain...

VV does it yet again

Post 12

Icy North

The last time Madame North locked herself out, she left our daughter (then 18 months) in the hall, near her handbag. The dinner was cooking on the stove too.

Keeping calm, she opened the letter box and first played a few peek-a-boo games so as not to alarm her.

She then explained ever so gently that she had to open mummy's handbag, get the big bunch of jangly things out, and played a few jangly games with her.

So far so good. Next, she had to pass the keys though the letterbox!

Well daughter looked at the keys. Looked at the letterbox. Thought for a minute. Then dissolved into an inconsolable flood of tears and ran off (with the keys). smiley - wah

Kids!

VV does it yet again

Post 13

Marmite

smiley - laugh

VV does it yet again

Post 14

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Poor little baby smiley - cuddle

VV does it yet again

Post 15

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

That's actually very similar to something that happened to my mum, Icy... in that case I was the small child in the hallway but instead of running off in tears I discovered that the keys were shiny and made noises when shook and so refused to give them up for about half an hour.

VV does it yet again

Post 16

Icy North

Spooky! smiley - ghost

At least you gave them up in the end. I think Madame had to resort to breaking the door down (presumably by giving it one of her stares).

VV does it yet again

Post 17

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

In fact the account of the incident I got from my mum ran something like this:
"Mr. D, sweetheart, it's mummy."
"Allo mummy!"
"I'm locked out."
"Allo mummy!"
"I need you to be a good little boy and find mummy's keys."
"Mummy's keys!"
"Yes, that's right, mummy's keys."
"Mummy's keys!"
"Yes, they're in mummy's bag."
So I toddle off repeating "mummy's keys mummy's bag" like a mantra.
Eventually I return with the bag.
"The keys are in the bag, Mr. D."
"Mummy's keys!"
I go rummaging in the bag and eventually produce said keys, and at this point discover the shiny jangliness of them.
"Mr. D, can you give mummy her keys."
"No." *jangle jangle*
And so on...

VV does it yet again

Post 18

*giggles*

I've never done anything like that!!!

Oh, apart from blocking the downstairs loo with loo roll. smiley - blush

Mother wasn't too impressed! smiley - laugh

VV does it yet again

Post 19

Icy North

Hey, VV do you travel on British Rail a lot?

Just thought I'd ask smiley - smiley

VV does it yet again

Post 20

aka Bel - A87832164

I once managed to lock me out of my car - engine running, toddler fastened in his special seat in the back smiley - groan

Key: Complain about this post