This is the Message Centre for Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

you gotta do what you gotta do...

Post 21

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Well in that case Vicki you could always practice by doing some Guide Entries.That could keep you interested and with the input from others you could hone your skills.OR you could join oone of the creative writing sections here on hootoo.smiley - smiley

Incog.smiley - tea

Post 22

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

Well.....I'm on an guide entry right now.....I think it only needs a few final touches doing to it

Wazzow....is partying all you ever think about? smiley - rofl

Post 23

wazzow

toga....toga...toga..TOGA.TOGA.TOGATOGATOGATOGA....YAH...smiley - whistlesmiley - laugh

Post 24

smiley - rofl

Post 25

wazzow

you've no adventure my girl.......have you not seen one of the best frat house movies of all time......tsk..smiley - laugh animal house..

anyone doing college or uni needs a party.......come on ...smiley - laugh

or i'll dsy "NEE" until you do..

Post 26

Odo

smiley - wow A party at VV's on Saturday!!!!!

*reaches for smiley - ale *

I'll be up in the Wrexham/North wales area on Saturday, you'd better watch out, it's only a short hop that bit futher North! smiley - winkeye

Post 27

smiley - yikes

smiley - run

Post 28

Z

Hi, I was just wondering if you'd considered doing an Access course, my step mother did one, it was part time for a year, and though she had no GCSE or O levels at the begining she went on to university after a year. She's now doing teacher training degree... she did GCSE maths and English at the same time as the course. Though admittedly she wasn't in employment at the time.

still it might be possible to do it in the evenings, espeically if you live in an area of high employment. Unlike the area where she lived.

Post 29

whats one of them then?

Post 30

Z

It's a course that's equivelent to A levels for adults doing who want to go onto higher education. I don't know the difference but you can do them in a year, (though it's quite a lot of work from what I remember) and you don't need GCSEs to start on them. You can do GCSEs at the same time, or she did any way.

You choose modules depending on what university course you want to do I think... smiley - erm worth asking at your local FE college anyway.

Post 31

Z

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/access/ Is a website that describes access courses, has some useful information..

Post 32

Been and had a good look! Thank you! smiley - kiss

Post 33

Z

Good luck smiley - goodluck, do you know what degree you're thinking of doing?

Post 34

No idea in the world.....may not make it to degree level yet. I certainly want A-level qualifications though as this will open up a whole variety of career prospects to me.....10 years as a typist is doing my fingers no good at all! smiley - laugh

Post 35

Z

Well if you're sure, I'm sure that you'd end up typing on h2g2 whatever job that you were smiley - winkeye

I was amazed at how fast my stepmothers managed it. When I started my (6 year smiley - yikes degree) she had no qualifications, now she'll graduate a year before I do. Nothing to degree in four years is quite good to me! And I spent years doing A levels and GCSEs to start on my degree..

I know you don't know me and have set your heart on A levels but.. still.. are you sure that they are the right way for you? There are vocational courses to the same level as A levels which might make you more employable than A levels do, and give you a choice of doing degree level courses if you want.

Mind you I'm not an expert just picked this up from my mum.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more