This is the Message Centre for Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

End of a Century

Post 41

The Duke of Dunstable

Unless, of course, the drinks contain milk that's gone all old.

End of a Century

Post 42

Babel17

Eeeuuuuggghhhhhh! That's enough to make somebody barf on the spot!

End of a Century

Post 43

The Duke of Dunstable

Agreed. Personally I think that hangovers have a lot to do with what you put in your drinks. I generally find that I feel better the next day if I drink straight drinks, with no soda or lemonade or anything like that. Roomtempered scotch single malt, no ice. Perhaps a wee drop of water. Oh good lord, I really would enjoy one of those right now. A Laphroaig, I think. *Dribbles slowly from corner of mouth*

End of a Century

Post 44

Babel17

Ah, another Islay Malt man smiley - smiley
(used to live there when I was younger)

End of a Century

Post 45

Queen Nothing

no, but at new year after you realise that the pub has a speacial offer on bailey's, and they give you double shots instead of single for the same price... it's what ends up happening!

End of a Century

Post 46

The Duke of Dunstable

Aye, Islay rocks(!). I'm not really a gourmet or a knower when it comes down to it, but I know what I like. Laphroaig rules, along with the similar Lagavulin. Bowmore and Ardbeg are dandy too.

Amos Featherly? Isn't that the hilariously looking bartender on Emmerdale Farm? smiley - smiley

End of a Century

Post 47

Babel17

Is it, don't know. Just pulled the name out of the air.
I think the Amos bit might have been from that, I just kept hearing "Eeeh, Amos" in my head. However, my Amos is mid-70's, a right old codger, sort of a cross between Jesse from the fast show and Compo from Last of the Summer Wine, but small, wirey, dirty, gap-toothed, and old. smiley - smiley

End of a Century

Post 48

I'm not really here

I drink mostly cider. And I get totally legless on it and fall over a lot. And talk rubbish. But I also drink shorts, neat or virtually neat, normally colourless, and get totally legless on it, before snogging a stranger for hours and then falling over. But I wake up with no hangover. Totally worth the humiliation. smiley - smiley

End of a Century

Post 49

Babel17

smiley - bigeyes

End of a Century

Post 50

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

How is Zebedee these days?
smiley - angel

End of a Century

Post 51

The Duke of Dunstable

Good question. Makes me feel like I'm in an old epic western fairy tale movie, with Liz Taylor and Leslie Howard. Zebedee could be the grandfather who has been mildly ill since he got a bullet in the bum during the civil war. I'd fancy being the mysterious stranger, only just arrived to take work as forman on the farm, and being supiciously looked upon since he seems to have struck a chord within the bosom of the daughter in the house. EV, you could be the owner of the neigbour farm, popped in to have a chat with old Zebedee about the shortage of water in the nearby creek.

End of a Century

Post 52

I'm not really here

And what part do I play in this classic tale?

End of a Century

Post 53

Babel17

I was just wondering that myself.

End of a Century

Post 54

I'm not really here

I'm undecided if I want to be the strong female character who keeps the family together, or the poor helpless victim swept off her feet by the dashing stranger. smiley - erm

End of a Century

Post 55

The Duke of Dunstable

Mina, since you are the female star, it's your choice. But remember, if you chose the helpless victim, we get to snog ALOT. I know this, since I make the script...

*eagerly wonders if his remark automatically makes her go for the strong independant part*

EV, you kan be my horse.

End of a Century

Post 56

The Duke of Dunstable

Mina, since you are the female star, it's your choice. But remember, if you chose the helpless victim, we get to snog ALOT. I know this, since I make the script...

*eagerly wonders if his remark automatically makes her go for the strong independant part*

EV, you kan be my horse.

End of a Century

Post 57

That echo's getting worse. smiley - smiley
I can't be the farm owner and the horse. Whoever heard of a horse owning a farm?

End of a Century

Post 58

Queen Nothing

well in 'animal farm' was it not a pig that tried to take over the farm? so if they can do it then i guess a horse could run a farm...

End of a Century

Post 59

I'm not really here

I think horses are a bit too stupid to run a farm. They'd just want to eat all the hay.

I still can't decide which part I should play. If I play the helpless vivtim, am I supposed to resist all this snogging?

End of a Century

Post 60

If you're helpless, you won't be able to resist.

Key: Complain about this post