A Conversation for Ignore this Please, Terribly Sorry

Giraffes

Post 1

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

I read, or was otherwise infused with the idea, that they have nerve cells in their necks that are the largest single cells on the planet. They also have valves in their necks that prevent their heads exploding when they bend down.

I wondered about the, so called, horns. There could be something like a giraffe that, at certain times when hormones prevent the neck-valve from working, have their heads pop off like inflatable lifeboats; at which time, the horn things would turn into legs.


Giraffes

Post 2

Fenchurch M. Mercury

Wow...that is a lot more interesting than what I have. Mind if I put the first two facts on my article? I'll put you down as the co-researcher...as for the horns turning into legs, I thought that they were used for killing pesky birds. But maybe that's just me.


Giraffes

Post 3

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

No, you're probably right. They must have some use. There are some pretty annoying birds in Afrika, I think.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Ignore this Please, Terribly Sorry

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more