A Conversation for VirginMedia (formerly ntl:telewest) News.

Unlimited BUT...

Post 1

Jab [Since 29th November 2002]

Had a letter from Telewest today.

www.telewest.co.uk/pricechanges

Pay As You Go Internet rates to increase by 0.5p per minute. So from April 1st (you can't make this stuff up) access will be 2.5p per minute.

But wait... You can get a "free upgrade" to Surf Unlimited. It will be a flat fee of £14 for dial-up in addition you must already have a Telewest service in use, ie a phone line. - well yea! So it's £10+VAT for phone lines - so far.

The £14 figure, no mention of VAT in the letter, bet phone them: 0800 953 1133 and ask about it?

Now the science bit...

It's "Surf Unlimited", turn the letter over to look for terms and conditions. They *are* there, but white on pale blue paper does't help, so you may have to read it more than once as this bit puzzels me...

Telewest customers will be entitled to unlimited calls to Surf's point of presence for internet access vua their Telewest phone lines, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at no futhur charge. We reserve the right to disconnect calls to Surf for Internet access after 2 hours continuious use and/or after 15 minutes if there is no data trafic on the line.

Unlimited BUT limited to 2 hours???

Yep your free to keep having to get a connection every 2hours.

Ever tried downloading via a 56K modem Windows updates?

Make sure you have FTP software that can cope with regular interuption. Something like GetRight.

Unlimmited BUT limited, and April 1st all in one letter, arn't they great. smiley - erm


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for VirginMedia (formerly ntl:telewest) News.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more