Breif History of the Stargate

0 Conversations

A Ration Book

The story begins with coverstones being found in Egypt in an archeological. When they are uncovered a strange metallic looking device (circular in design) is retrieved.

Events move on in time and the little girl, whom was at the dig site, named Catherine, now grown up, still has no idea of the object's purpose and seeks to find somebody who can deciper the meaning. She finds Dr Daniel Jackson, an Egyptologist who has strong ideas about the origins of the Egyptian era.

So, Dr Daniel Jackson, as Catherine had hoped, deciphers the meaning of the inscription on the coverstones to mean "Stargate" and it is then that Catherine decides to show Daniel the device. After a short while Daniel also decodes the seventh symbol and here begins the epic journey across space. With the final symbol ready, the military get together a team to take on a journey

With the team ready, one by one they step through the gate, unaware of what fate has in store for them and what the journey will be like. A fantastic travelling scene takes place as the galaxy itself has a pathway from our planet to another with twists and turns to "fold space" to reduce the distance travelled.

The planet they arrive on is called Abydos, and is inhabited by a primitve people. Daniel befriends many, especially Sha'uri, with whom he falls in love. The Mission on the planet as far as Col Jack O'Neill is concerned is to look for any threats and if any exist to terminate the Stargate, one threat certainly makes himself known by landing on the Pyramid housing the gate.

The enemy the team face is Ra, a system lord who has visited Abydos to obtain the mineral mined there (same material that the Stargate is made of). After discovering the team inside the Pyramid he becomes very upset at this minor annoyance. In the meantime, Daniel tries to discover the seventh symbol required to return the team back to Earth.

Ra fights back using his Death Gliders and seems to be winning when the people of the planet rebel overpowering Ra's own Guards. Daniel brings Sha'ra back to life by using an ancient sarcophagus on board Ra's ship and O'Neill starts the countdown on the Nuclear Bomb he is setting up next to the stargate. After a short fight next to the gate, O'Neill tries to disable the bomb, only to find that it can't be disabled.

Ra, suddenly realises his defeat and prepares for take off. Everyone is aware and cheers of triumph are heard outside, but O'Neill knows that the bomb is ticking and not much time is left, when the transportation device activates and Jackson steps out. After a few seconds Jackson and O'Neill get the same idea and the transporter delivers a package to Ra's ship, a package he would never forget, a nuke.

After Ra's death Jackson stayed on Abydos, where he descovered more about the Stargate and its design. In a cave he found endless patterns known as addresses to other words.

Another system lord walked in and took Sha'ri as his queen. Jackson gets frusrated and joins the SGC. From here on they explore many known worlds to acquire technology to deafeat the Gho'uld to keep Earth protected against them.

In the process of trying to acquire new technology they make allies who hate the Goa'uld just as much as they do. The races are Asgard (little grey men, who are extremely intellegent and technological advanced.) They also found the Tokra (which are Goa'ulds who have gone good, they are rebels and have helped the SGC in requiring knowledge.) The Jaffa Exiles (they were once Jaffa whom belived that the Goa'ulds were Gods. Until the SGC told them other wise. They did not belive at first until they saw a Goa'uld die. From then on they betrayed the Goa'uld and saught refuge.)

The SGC has created a site where the Tokra and Jaffa Exiles could live. This site is called the Alpha site. Here is really where the best of the humans shall go if ever a world disaster is about to occur, but now its a offworld base.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A976412

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more