The Silencer

1 Conversation

Sshhhh ! Be Quiet

Welcome to the Silencer © - the latest piece of technology to be developed by The Legion of Revolutionary Super-Heroes in it's perpetual battle against the forces of darkness.

The Silencer © represents yet more progress for Super-Herodom in it’s never ending quest to fight evil and tyranny in all it’s many manifestations (including the people who rustle confectionary wrappers in the Cinema).

Silence Technology ©

Operation of The Silencer © is simple and straightforward only requiring access to a Cardigan Interface. The interface is designed for easy and convenient use by Librarians everywhere. Advice on Cardigan wear and operation can be obtained from David B, the Dewey Demon.

The Silencer © is based on Library Space (L-Space) technology. L-Space theory predicts that the infinite storage space of Libraries creates a sinkhole for noise. Because noise is finite any calculation that divides an infinite number by a finite number delivers a result that is so close to zero it may as well not exist. An L-Space generator (like the Silencer) creates a temporary portal into L-Space sucking sound and the villain making the sound into the infinite expanse of Library space, thus extinguishing any noise in the immediate vicinity.

Interested ? Press the button below (Super-Heroes only)

SHUSHHHHH !

~ blessed silence descends ~

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A959637

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more