A Conversation for An Australian Preamble

Choice of national Anthem...

Post 1

This spce intentionally left blank

I disagree with (almost) everyone else in this country of ours who believes that Waltzing Matilda should be our national anthem. I believe it should be "Down Under" by Men at Work. That should be our national anthem, and I promise you here and now, if I ever run for prime minister of this country, I will have (in VERY fine print) a mandate to change the national anthem to Down Under.

Hey, at least we would all know the words to all 3 verses, unlike our current one...smiley - smiley


Choice of national Anthem...

Post 2

Cossack

Nah mate, what we need to do is what Adam Hill surgested at the 2001 comedy festival.

Keep the words but sing it to the tune of working class man.

I have a copy of this and it is very... believable.

Cosgit the original.


Choice of national Anthem...

Post 3

stace8383

Surely our current anthen only has 2 verses? Admittedly nobody knows anything beyond the first, so even if it had three or four verses nobody would know...

smiley - teasmiley - biggrin


Choice of national Anthem...

Post 4

Cossack

Actualy mate there is.

If i remember there is two more, one before and one after. the one after i think is all about how great the empire is and what not.

Cosgit the original


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for An Australian Preamble

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more