Boat Races- Caius Style

0 Conversations

BOAT RACES:
at a recent boat club dinner (an event at the end of each term of for thsoe that row) at my college, that i attended, the dean of Caius college claimed that the drinking game of "boat races" was invented at caius college by a boat-club captain in the 1920s, and in althogh he is (supposed to be) a man of God i do strongly doubt his claim. whether this claim is true or not as the game itself is a great team sport and is included here...

boat races are peformed on long dining tables, on which people sit on either side, the sort that are found in nearly every communal eating area. everyone sitting on a table is notified of the impending boat race and charge their glasses. at a predertimined point the two people sitting oppostite each other at one end of the table stand up and, as quickly as possible, down their drinks and then sit down. when they do this the next person stands up, downs their drink and sits down. the winning side is the first to reach the end.

N.B. this article forms an addition to a previous article about drinking at Caius... A882722

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A909867

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more