Christmas Decorating: Cheap and Ecofriendly

1 Conversation

Christmas Decorating: Cheap and Ecofriendly

Candy canes from Dollar Tree adorn the picnic area.
Candy canes adorn the picnic area.
(Plus US flag.)
Some of us try to decorate economically. Some go all out, and some try to make a statement.


The first two pictures illustrate the first concept. The tall candy canes along a gravel road came from a place called the Dollar Tree, where you can get things for a very small amount of money. The candy canes in question cost $5.00 each (The Dollar Tree has had to raise its prices because of a little thing called inflation, but these are still economical1).


The second picture is my porch, where I have displayed four smaller candy cane decorations. Total outlay: $5.00. Not bad!


The other three pictures illustrate my personal statement about using living Christmas trees that will be around for years to come. The trees are various cultivars of Arborvitae trees, a species that thrives in sandy soil, which we have a lot of. The arborvitae next to my driveway is a haven for birds, which nest in it. I'm all for making birds happy.
More candy canes on the trailer stoop, with a blue bucket bearing the affirmation Do It Right.
Porch with candy canes.
Arborvitae
Arborvitae.
ArborvitaeArborvitae
Create Challenge Archive

Paulh

25.12.23 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1For more in-depth information about Dollar Tree, please see John Oliver's investigative reportage on the subject, which includes a classic reenactment. Post Editor

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A88041738

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more