A Conversation for Deep Thought: Sad Story

Italian restaurants

Post 1

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.


Very interesting roundabout way to make a point. Love it.

Luckily whe haven't got as far as the thermonuclear events (yet). The warring does make me nervous though.
In the meantime we are not continuing as if nothing is happening, but continuing anyway because if you don't there really will be no future.


Italian restaurants

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

This is largely true. At least, that's what we usually do until the war gets to us.


Italian restaurants

Post 3

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.


It does make me ponder sometimes what I would do if a war would get to us.

I'm not sure. I am a pacifist at heart. On the other hand, seeing what life could turn into if you give in, it might be worth fighting for up front.


Italian restaurants

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I hear you.


Italian restaurants

Post 5

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

I guess that is what the whole of Europe is thinking of right now (on a country level).


Italian restaurants

Post 6

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Yes, and with good reason. What troubles me most is that instead of looking at the situation head-on, people are saying the most insane things - insistently and loudly. Around here, you can't even have reasonable discussions. People will explode.

Worse, a significant number of them have found themselves in untenable moral positions - and they won't reconsider.

In my experience, when people start acting like that they:

1. Are doing something they know to be wrong and won't admit it.
2. Have no intention of backing down.
3. Are headed for yet another disaster.

Reminds me of Vietnam, in fact. Now if I were a working politician like Bernie Sanders, I would do what he's doing and shout in the Senate. But I'm not. So I pick this 'roundabout way' to talk about it because I'm tired of the useless yelling and want to try to get them to think.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Deep Thought: Sad Story

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more