A Conversation for AI Looks at Ancient Rome

Thanks I needed That

Post 1

Willem

Hi Dmitri! Thanks so much for this marvelous picture. It comes just at the right time. I've been reading about the race towards AGI (artificial general intelligence) and worrying about what will happen if AIs become smarter than people. Seems it may still be a bit premature to worry about that. Even though present day AI - *including* the one that made that amazingly accurate image of Ancient Rome - may actually be smarter than many people living in these times ...


Thanks I needed That

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - laugh Picturewise, I don't think we have to worry too much.

General intelligencewise? I think you're right...


Thanks I needed That

Post 3

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.


Maybe it's a matter of perspective. In a hundred years time, those cars would be ancient. Interesting to see that the AI predicts a British takeover of Rome, judging from the positioning of the oncoming car.

Those bollards could have had an as yet unknown other purpose. I'll let the archeologists figure that one out. Could be the foundations of the now demolished horse-driven light rail. (too expensive, because the horses kept falling between the railway sleepers, ending up as horse d'oeuvres)


Thanks I needed That

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - laugh The bollards might make a good sight gag in the next production of 'A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum'.


Thanks I needed That

Post 5

Willem

You folks know what ... IF Artificial General Intelligence *does* get off the ground ... the next decade or few could see so much radical change that compared to the world of that time, the world right now would hardly *seem* different from Ancient Rome. So maybe the AI is indeed telling us something important here. Aaand ... now I'm worrying again.


Thanks I needed That

Post 6

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - snork


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for AI Looks at Ancient Rome

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more