A Conversation for Monkey Plant

Dangerous!

Post 1

Willem

That's a Kalanchoe from Madagascar - they're called 'Mother-of-thousands'. See those little things on the leaves? They're baby plants! They drop to the ground in their thousands and thus may escape the garden and venture into the wilds. Over here they're serious trouble. But perhaps not over there, because the climate would be too cold for them. But keep an eye on them!


Dangerous!

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - ok Thanks, Willem, I'll remind the farm botanists to keep an eye on that plant!


Dangerous!

Post 3

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.


I have some experience with that plant and I can tell you it doesn't survive on the shady desk of an adolescent boy. It probably suffocated because of the invasive lingering odours present in that room. (Nearly kills me too on occasions)


Dangerous!

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - snork


Dangerous!

Post 5

Willem

OK so the plants do indeed need decently clean air, and a smidgen of sunlight, and occasional water. Those elements are more likely to be present in general on the Hoggett's farm!


Dangerous!

Post 6

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - laugh Amen, Willem! I can attest to the generally fine quality of the environment at Hoggetts' farm. (The new little cows are enjoying it there, too.)

We figure the snows of winter are protection against the spread of the plant, though. There are invasive species, though, and they are on guard - remember that caterpillar?


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Monkey Plant

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more