Garden salad sandwiches

0 Conversations

GARDEN SALAD SANDWICHES

My mother used to serve these. She grew tomatoes and lettuce, and this was a good way to use them up when they were plentiful. These are technically not sandwiches. What they are is slices of bread topped with a mixture of mostly salad vegetables and then grilled. There's a lot of room for variation, hence the absence of exact amounts.

slices of bread

Topping:
chunks of cheese (my mother used American cheese)
diced cucumber
diced tomatoes
crumbled bacon
diced celery
chopped celery
mayonnaise

mix the topping ingbredients together and put some on each slice of bread. Then put the topped bread into an oven and grill for five to ten minutes. 350 degrees should do. If the ingredients on top start to turn black, it's time to remove from the oven. You definitely want the chese to start melting. It's amazing how many of these you end up wanting to eat, they are that good!

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88029048

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more