A Conversation for The Building - Chapter 26: The Cats of Halab

Obligatory cats

Post 1

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.


That sounds like an entertaining spectacle. Now let's hope the adults start doing something themselves.

Nice artwork!


Obligatory cats

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Thanks! Craiyon was more in its element for the first two, and MS Designer's beta product came up with the third.

Yes, we needed cats. Particularly given Halab's (Aleppo's) history with cats. There was a 'cat man of Aleppo' in the 18th Century, and today, there's 'Ernesto's Syrian Sanctuary for Cats'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ6_7M27yZQ

Besides, I used to live in the eastern Mediterranean. It's cat heaven.smiley - blackcat


Obligatory cats

Post 3

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.


We have a cat share. (the neighbours have an old cat that uses our house to get down from balcony level to the ground floor. He walks in, goes down the stairs and says meow at the front door to be let out. (see A87931650 and A87936015 for reference)


Obligatory cats

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Aww. smiley - laugh


Obligatory cats

Post 5

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - biggrin

I like the style of artwork in the first picture, and the expression on the face of the cat in the second picture is so good smiley - laugh It fascinates me how different eyes turn out - I have that problem with my own artworks sometimes, but can use photoshop to reflect the good eye when necessary.

I like the story of the cat being formed from smoke and love smiley - blackcatsmiley - star


Obligatory cats

Post 6

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Thanks, Sasha! I love to find these old folklore bits myself. It makes writing a lot more fun when you can couple it with some exploration.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Building - Chapter 26: The Cats of Halab

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more