The Bluebell Railway

0 Conversations

Bluebell Railway

Bluebell Railway trains being transported.Bluebell Railway trains being transported.

The Bluebell Railway is a Class 73 electro-diesel engine. 53'8" long1 and weighing 76.3 tons2. Built in 1966 and originally numbered E6040 it was renumbered 731333 in 1973 and gaining its name in September 1990. It was bought by a member of the Bluebell Railway in December 2022 and restored at Eastleigh to its early BR blue livery at Eastleigh in Hampshire.

On 24th April The Bluebell Railway was transported from Eastleigh back to The Bluebell Railway in Sussex. The Bluebell Railway that locomotive The Bluebell Railway is named after was the world's first steam railway to operate a public service, opening in August 1960, and contains the second largest steam locomotive collection in the UK. It has an 11-mile route.

Bluebell Railway trains being transported.Bluebell Railway trains being transported.
A reader of the h2g2 Post

Bluebottle

08.05.23 Front Page

Back Issue Page

116.36 metres.285½ short American tons or, in metric, 78 tonnes. These are named after the weight of a tun, a cask twice the size of a butt.3Its TOPS (Total Operations Processing System) number, an early computer rail logistics system.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88027347

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more